Medical Assistant - Research
Company: Mens Health Foundation
Location: West Hollywood
Posted on: January 16, 2022
OUR PURPOSEFounded in 1999, Mills Clinical Research does
cutting-edge science with a special focus on infectious diseases,
vaccine trials, and men's health. We have locations in the West
Hollywood and South LA. Mills Clinical Research is led by Dr.
Anthony Mills as the PI and CEO. We are affiliated with Men's
Health Foundation and have expansive community networks within
Southern California. We share the mission to eliminate health
inequity for all especially those at risk.
The research medical assistant reports the program manager/director
and helps patients and research subjects by providing information,
services, and assistance. Other duties include securing medical
records; maintaining medical supplies inventory; assisting with
data entry and specimen preparation; following research protocols,
performing preventive maintenance to keep equipment operating and
supplies on hand.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This
list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording
medical history; confirming purpose of visit by following best
clinical practices, research SOPs or research protocols.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary
physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature;
reporting patient history summary or abnormal findings to
- Prioritizes infection control practices; uses sterile technique
- Will be required to draw and collect blood samples from
patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis and
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients; ensures
disinfection and cleanliness between patient visits.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by
completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic
coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information
- Assist with study coordination and perform procedures as
outlined in SOPs and study protocols
- Reinforces PI/Sub-Investigator orders and answers questions
- Maintains safe, secure, positive attitude and healthy and
organized work environment by establishing and following standards
and procedures, complying with legal and ethical regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; requesting refills
as needed; verifying receipt and communicating with relevant
stakeholders (CRO, Sponsor, manager, director, etc.).
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions;
troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing
preventive maintenance; reporting need for repairs and
- Assist the lead CRC and manager/director/PI with feasibility &
study start up activities
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications and doing research
tasks as instructed by manager, director or PI.
- Remind patients about appointments and coordinate scheduling on
behalf of the office.
- Provide support with lab procedures and assist with kit
preparation for CRC's
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assist with more complex research and study procedures and SOP
- Assist CRC's and sub-I's with data entry and quality
improvement to ensure accurate reporting
- Provide assistance and support regarding phone call reminders
to subjects and patients
- Maintains accurate and complete proper documentation for all
patient encounters and enter them appropriately in all relevant
systems (EMR, Allegro, EDC, etc.).
- May aid and support across the research locations depending on
- Other duties may be assigned, as required.QUALIFICATIONS:
Requires a high school diploma
- Medical Assistant certificate or equivalent experience such as
2 years of experience in a related field.
- Ability to type 40+ wpm and have experience with healthcare
- Phlebotomy license
- Experience in the HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C and infectious/chronic
diseases care/ management preferred
- Research experience preferred
- Have the appropriate level of behavioral maturity and patience
in handling patients and follow protocol
- Have diplomacy and tact in handling difficult and irate
patients and research subjects
- Ability to work effectively with men and transgender persons of
diverse races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientation in a
multicultural environment.COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test as well as a
background check to include a 7-year criminal, 10-year SSN &
employer history reference check as well as a pre-employment
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination on first day of
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to work flexible schedules
- Must take yearly flu shot and test for tuberculosis as required
by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Keywords: Mens Health Foundation, Los Angeles , Medical Assistant - Research, Healthcare , West Hollywood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!