Medical Screener - Reception Technician (Customer Service)
Company: CSL Plasma
Posted on: November 22, 2021
About UsWith operations in 35+ nations and -27,000 employees
worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of
lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and
primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our
therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation
and burn treatment.CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and
Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein
biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market
biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL
Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors
of human plasma, which is used to create CSL---s therapies. Seqirus
is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and
is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major
contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.We
invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities
available around the globe and consider building your promising
future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!Job DescriptionJob
Description Summary Responsible for greeting donors at the plasma
collection center and conducting a series of registration
procedures to verify donor suitability for the plasma pheresis
process. Job Description
- In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs),
assists qualified donors in completing the screening process. The
screening procedures includes but are not limited to: assessing the
self-administered health history, answering basic medical questions
associated with the donation process, referring donors to medical
staff when appropriate and performing health screening procedures
such as blood pressure, pulse, weight, temperature. Performs finger
stick to obtain sample to obtain donor---s hematocrit and total
- Upon completion of the appropriate training, may educate new
donors on the use of therapeutic products made from donated plasma.
This includes explaining the screening process, the health
screening tests performed, the appointment system, donation fees,
center policies, proper nutrition and any other information
pertinent to the donor. Ensures that all donor questions are
answered timely, accurately and professionally.
- May be involved in registering applicant and transfer donors
based upon completion of appropriate training and operational needs
of the center.
- May answer the telephone and answer callers question or
transfer call to appropriate staff member.
- Maintains alertness and awareness to any reaction by a donor
may have during or after the pheresis process and notifies
- Alerts Group Leader or Supervisor of donor flow issues.
- Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic
donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
- Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper
immune programs at the center if applicable.
- Maintains clean efficient work environment and ensures
sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed.
Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures.
Promotes safety in all actions.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center
- May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the
- Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the
organization, to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned. Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required Experience
- Minimum of three (3) months experience in a clerical or
customer service related position, preferably in medical or health
provider environment or equivalent combination of education and
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations Working
Conditions (physical & mental requirements)
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and
- Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe
- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to
100% of time
- Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
- Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures
and to blood borne pathogens
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing
specific tasks or in certain areas
- Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center
operational needs All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
veteran status, national origin or other legally protected
classifications. Please note, we may not have an immediate need at
the present time; however we are always interested in speaking to
well qualified candidates for future openings. If you are
interested in exploring a career with CSL, please apply. We may
have both full-time and part-time positions available. Someone will
follow up depending on the current needs, but please be aware
correspondence may not be immediate.
Keywords: CSL Plasma, Los Angeles , Medical Screener - Reception Technician (Customer Service), Healthcare , Rialto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!