Research Associate I - Smidt Heart Institute - Dr. Eduardo Marbn Lab
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Working under direct supervision, as a Research Associate I, you
will perform a variety of routine experimental protocols and
procedures to support the objectives of one or more laboratory
research projects in a specific area of research. You will assist
in general laboratory activities, including maintenance of reagents
and stocking of supplies. You will file and monitor documents and
keep accurate and detailed records of experiments and results.
Assist in the operation of specialized equipment and machinery.
Observe safety standards and procedures. You will be able to
perform routine cellular, micro- and molecular biology procedures
including, but not limited to Western, Northern blot, DNA/RNA, PCR,
protein extraction, cell culture, Immunohistochemistry, and
staining. This position does not have supervisory
Essential job duties and responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of routine laboratory tasks and
- Keeps accurate and detailed project records of experiments and
- May assist with animal husbandry.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records.
- Transports, processes and logs samples.
- Maintains computer database with relevant clinical
- Performs lab maintenance duties, including glassware cleaning
- Maintains stocks of general lab materials, and places orders
for lab equipment and supplies.
- Assists new students and fellows at the laboratory.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment and
- Observes and complies with safety standards and
procedures.Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Maintains an active research program, creates new opportunities
for basic/clinical research and educational programs.
- Publishes in peer reviewed journals and publications.
- Submits research grants to various federal/state granting
agencies, pharmaceutical companies, and actively participates in
- Presents research findings at respected scientific
- Develops and implements new research techniques and
- Supervises / guides research trainees at multiple levels.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws, accreditation,
professional, and regulatory agency standards including animal
research through IACUC, and laboratory safety through the safety
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree in biological
- Western blotting/ELISA techniques for protein expression.
- qPCR techniques for gene expression analysis and
- Tissue histology including immunostaining.
- Fluorescent microscopy.
- Cell culture including isolation of primary cells.
- Transient transfection / viral transduction of transgenes in
- In vitro assays for cell physiology.
- Flow cytometry and cell sorting.
- Experience with animal models / transgenic animal models.
Keywords: Cedars-Sinai, Los Angeles , Research Associate I - Smidt Heart Institute - Dr. Eduardo Marbn Lab, Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!