Registered Nurse III - Samuel Oschin Cancer Center
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and
patient happiness? Would you like to use your expert clinical
competencies with an organization known nationally for excellence
in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to
hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity
with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in
California as your next career move.
The Samuel Oschin Cancer Center, nationally ranked by U.S. News &
World Report, treats more than 60 types of cancer. Its team of
experts works to create a treatment plan to meet each patient's
specific needs. The center's outpatient infusion center offers
chemotherapy and supportive services, including 18 private rooms
for treatment sessions six hours or longer.Summary of Essential
- Case Management of -100 active treatment patients with
diagnoses of pancreatic cancer, cholangiocarcinoma, colon,
gallbladder, appendiceal, esophageal and gastric cancers.
Management of NET patients in coordination with NP.
- Manage and plan the treatment schedules for chemotherapy,
immunotherapy, and biotherapy
- Educate patient/family regarding disease, progression,
treatment, side effects and symptom management.
- Connect patients with resources such as social work, nutrition,
supportive care medicine, spiritual care.
- Maintain communication and coordinate interdisciplinary care
amongst all providers to facilitate the best care and support for
each individual patient situation.
- Assess patients as they come to the exam area and facilitate
communication with the MD. Continually problem solve and update
plans of care with patient involvement.
- Triage phone calls from patients to assess immediate needs and
provide solutions, contact other clinicians to facilitate
solutions, and/or provide advice to the patient for appropriate
- Advocate for patients and families to ensure patient is safe
and able to make informed decisions as much as possible, while
receiving quality care and treatment/palliative options.
- Access, draw labs, and provide care for central lines including
PAS-ports, Port-a-Caths, and PICC lines. Provide education on these
lines to patients/families.
- Use of EPIC ambulatory system (CS Link) for charting, records,
- Complete facility charges for exam area visits/procedures
Keywords: Cedars-Sinai, Los Angeles , Registered Nurse III - Samuel Oschin Cancer Center, Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!