Registered Nurse III - Outpatient Oncology Infusion Center - West LA
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and
patient happiness? Would you like to use your clinical competencies
with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer
treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from
you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of
the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in the medical
field as your next career move.
The Angeles Clinic & Research Institute has established an
international reputation for developing new cancer therapies,
providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and
expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. We
are committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all
those we serve with cancer. You can look forward to working closely
with our board-certified fellowship-trained medical oncologists,
surgeons, immunotherapists, pathologists, and dermatologists to
advance cancer care.
As a Clinical Nurse III, you will serve in a leadership role and
function to assist oncology patients with medical care and
treatment. You will interact directly with patients, both in person
at the time of clinic appointments and visits, as well as by
telephone, to respond to inquiries. This position functions as an
Oncology Registered Nurse performing professional clinical duties
in the infusion clinic to provide quality patient care.Summary of
- Oversee medical assistant/LVNs in infusion center.
- Review charts each afternoon prior to the day's
- Ensure protocol is signed off by physician and authorization
obtained from billing office.
- Carry out physicians' orders in a professional and timely
- Accurate and timely completion of daily charge slips.
- Draw blood samples as appropriate and perform
- Participate in patient education, including use of handouts,
videos, audio materials, and other educational devices. The
patient, family members or friends may need education related to
specific cancers, chemotherapy, antiemetic agents, side effects,
venous access devices, procedures, and informal emotional
- Maintain appropriate records of clinical activities
- Advise supervisor, physicians, or administrator of possible or
- Participate in planning workshops, evaluation meetings,
seminars, educational or administrative meetings as necessary or
- Maintain scheduling of chemotherapy treatments, outside labs
and other tests as needed.
- Review and adhere to department policies and procedures to
maintain proficiency in operating guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality when performing all duties and
- Assist with specimen testing as needed.
- Seek guidance and direction, as necessary, for the successful
completion of job duties, ask appropriate questions when in
- Responsible for infection prevention (Hand Washing, Use of
PPEs, and Environmental Prep) throughout the shift.
#Jobs-LinkedIn #Jobs-Indeed #Jobs-Glassdoor
Keywords: Cedars-Sinai, Los Angeles , Registered Nurse III - Outpatient Oncology Infusion Center - West LA, Healthcare , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!