Contract Manager II (ROW/Fiber Procurement) - California
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: May 19, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services
company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the
digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems
management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting,
cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband,
voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a
robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a
360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit
CenturyLink for more information.
Contract Manager II (ROW/Fiber Procurement)
Locations: Broomfield, CO / Los Angeles, CA / Phoenix, AZ
At CenturyLink, the Contract Manager is responsible for renewing
various Right-of-Way (ROW) Agreements, 3rd Party Fiber/Conduit and
Pole Agreements related to the Company's fiber-optic network across
North America. Manages numerous negotiations simultaneously as well
as develops and delivers progress reports and various metrics for
the Implementation Services department within Field Operations.
Acts as OSP project manager for those assigned construction
projects within the Contract Manager's territory.
- Acts as primary lead for the negotiation and acquisition of
building access agreements, right-of-way and franchise agreements,
and infrastructure contracts such as dark fiber agreements or
- Coordinates delivery and integration of right of way and
infrastructure components with other functional groups.
- Forecasts and manages expenditures related to right of way and
infrastructure contracts and track impact to network expense,
operating expense and capital expense budgets.
- In cooperation with other functional groups, develops projects
related to network expansion, operation and maintenance, requiring
right-of-way agreements or third party asset acquisition.
- Mentors, trains and provides direction to other Contract
Managers and Analysts.
- Provides estimated costs of various right of way and
infrastructure components of projects related to building additions
or network expansion/integration projects.
- Provides expertise as a Subject Matter Expert as required by
- Provides right of way and infrastructure related expertise as
needed by the company.
- Provides support and expertise to post execution management of
various right of way and infrastructure agreements to include:
assembling contract deliverables, proper entry of related data into
company tracking and financial databases, payment and analysis of
invoices, contract renewals, etc.
- Uses several techniques to solve complex problems where
analysis of situations or data requires a review and analysis of
- Provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex
- Integrates customer / client needs and concerns with business
- Strong experience in contract negotiation and management is
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office is essential.
- Experience in Outside Plant design and/or construction, or
network planning is preferred.
- Additional experience in business management, financial
management or the legal field is preferred.
- Must be a strong multi-tasker and have experience coordinating
- Experience with interfacing with various municipal agencies is
- Experience: 5+ yrs, Education Level: Bachelor's Degree - Field
Of Study: Management, Finance or related field. A combination of
education and experience is acceptable
Masters or Equivalent
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-California-Los Angeles;
Requisition #: 210588
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Los Angeles , Contract Manager II (ROW/Fiber Procurement) - California, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!