Material Damage Claims Manager
Company: National General Insurance
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Primary Purpose: Supervise and direct the investigation and disposition of all assigned claims within an autonomous unit. Train, develop, and provide technical guidance to Claims Reps. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Supervise, evaluate performance, and recommend salary changes for personnel
- Actively participate in interview and selection of new personnel and assist with other staffing decisions
- Responsible for proper assignments of claims
- Maintain service standards, reporting procedures, statutory compliance, and the efficient operation of assigned area
- Provide continuous training to personnel
- Direct resolution of problems, complaints, and general public relation issues which arise concerning claims service
- Extend coverage, reserve, and settlement authority on losses which exceed individual levels
- Maintain current knowledge of changes in respective area and help develop and implement policies and procedures which impact claims processing
- Assist in monitoring and controlling allocated and unallocated expenses and payment severity
- Assist and or direct special projects and request
- Analyze budget variances and assist Regional Claims Manager with development of annual budget processMinimum Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Obtains and maintain appropriate licensing or educational requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to interpret research and opinions to establish claims action plans
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of Insurance Laws and how they relate to claims
- Solid understanding of the Insurance Industry
- Effective leadership skillsDesired Skills:
- Capability of consistently handling aggregate file exposures of a least $40,000
- Understanding of global company knowledge, totality of impact decisions, and leadership abilities
- Successful completion of one or more professional designations: CPCU, SCLA, PLSC, CCLS, LPCS, AIC, AIM
- Advanced Educational degree
- Advanced negotiation skills About National General Holdings: National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products. National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team! In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including: * Paid Training * Medical, Dental, Vision benefits * Wellness Programs * Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance * 401k w/ Company Match * Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy * Employee Discount Program * Career Advancement and Development Opportunities National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas. In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Keywords: National General Insurance, Los Angeles , Material Damage Claims Manager, Executive , Ontario, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!