Manager, Customer Success Utilization Manager - East
Company: Disability Solutions
Location: El Segundo
Posted on: February 11, 2024
I. Job Purpose and Core Tasks The Manager, Customer Success
Utilization plays a critical role in: 1) managing overall customer
satisfaction of installations 2) driving effective customer
utilization of specific technology products post go live., within
their respective regions 3) delivering a world class customer
experience for large Video/OR1 projects as well as software
utilization at defined accounts. The Manager, Customer Success
Utilization reports to the Surgical Sales Executive Director.The
Manager, Customer Success Utilization will play the lead regional
role in ensuring timely and accurate Operating Room installations,
with hyper focus on customer success and satisfaction. This
position is also responsible for developing and enhancing the
skillsets and capabilities of utilization customer success
resources so that they adequately meet or exceed the market's
requirements. Additionally, the Manager, Utilization Customer
Success Managers will work to maintain continuous horizontal
alignment with the service and deployments verticals; together
ensuring a best in class experience.Excellence in managing a team
that is expected to deliver on the following Performance Support:
Responsibility Description Sales / Sales-Mkt Support
- Support the post -installation process to ensure customer
success and effective execution of customer deliverables
- Collaborate horizontally with regular documented frequency
- Expert competency in the intricacies of how the ENTIRE post go
live experience for customers relative to large Video/OR1 projects
and utilization of software products.
- Understand the basics of hospital operating room and clinic
workflow processes as it relates to Video/OR1/SW product lines sold
- Expert competency in utilization of Video/OR1/SW product lines
sold in the operating room and clinic. People Development
- Identify and build the appropriate skills and capabilities to
meet current and future client needs while maintaining a stable
employee base On-time, On-budget, and Profitable Installations
- Plan and deliver all product installations on-time and within
customer expectation guidelines; while delivering an exceptional
customer experience Customer Satisfaction
- Ensure customers experience a best in class post install go
live, which includes best in class documented communication
- Ensure customers understand, utilize, and leverage products
purchased bringing to life the VALUE of their installation, post
deployment responsibility in creating customers for life
Responsibilities in Detail People and Team Development:
- Develop a team of best in class customer support managers.
- Identify needed talent to support current and future needs of
- Define training and development needs.
- Annually assign training programs for the team that develop
their competencies as Customer Success Utilization Managers.
- Manage, coach and provide leadership to team to drive behavior
consistent with excellent levels of customer service and support
for all levels of customer engagement.
- Refine Process Maps for Installation protocol as needed.
- Refine templates as required for effective customer
communication to customer pre/during and post
installation/implementation for hardware and software
- Manage performance metrics for CSUM execution on process maps
for each installation.
- Manage performance metrics for CSUM execution on providing
proper written follow ups based on process map timing of written.
communications to the customer via CSUM daily, weekly and monthly
template documents. Sales / Sales-Mkt Support:
- Create a culture of support during post-sales installation and
- Create a culture of horizontal collaboration with sales, ,
including cross selling expansion opportunities and customer
dynamics required for successful installation,as needed.
- Drive monthly collaboration with sales to ensure alignment on
all customer deliverables to prevent a negative customer experience
at the time of installation and post go live.
- Support other business development needs for sales and
marketing as needed by management including assisting with sales
support to close the sale.
- Plan and organize regional targets, objectives and goals to
ultimately assist company with driving revenue expansion and
software product expansion in territories deployed.
- Provide significant input into development of regional growth
strategies pertaining to relevant regions, accounts and health
systems. Technical Experts:
- Support the technical development of the Utilization Customer
- Manage, engage and have an understanding of internal department
input required for customer problem solving. situations.Demonstrate
technical competencies by serving as an expert resource for the
Utilization Customer Success team.
- Engage in outside training opportunities that allow for
evolution oftechnical expertise of self and the team. Collaborate
with HR for all people related support needs:
- Working within company policies, assess performance levels of
personnel and provide appropriate mentoring to grow each
individual's capabilities while also managing poor performers.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to managers and
- Create a culture that is aligned with the core values of KARL
STORZ. Customer Satisfaction:
- Drive and audit process improvements that ultimately impact
- Manage accountability within the team to process improvements
supporting future growth.
- Ensure KARL STORZ maintains it's #1 ranking in Customer
Satisfaction. Customer Success:
- Turn customers into raving fans.
- Create a post install feedback loop between the Utilization
Customer Success Manager and the Customer, audit delivery.
- Confirm customer product utilization post-install. Document
utilization and provide feedback to customer to drive the value.
experienced by the customer with our Video/OR1 and SW products. II.
Minimum Knowledge, Education, and Skill Requirements
RequiredMinimum years of relevant work experience:
- A minimum of 5-7 years in OR/Video/Integration Sales or Service
roles in the Operating Room.
- A minimum of 5-7 years in role requiring strong technical
- Proven experience in developing and manging a remote team.
- Field based project and program level management
- Comfort in ambiguous or high stress situations.
- Track record of working collaboratively in a matrix-ed
- Track record in project / process improvement.
- Knowledge and experience in the medical device and/or
healthcare marketplace preferred. Minimum education, certifications
- A Bachelor's degree showing technical aptitude is required or a
Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of operating room or technical sales
experience, or additional years of experience with required work
experience. Minimum soft skill requirements:
- Demonstrated outstanding personal leadership.
- Demonstrated pattern of intellectual curiosity.
- Creativity in the development of new approaches to improving
the customer experience.
- A true team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the
ability to work with executives both within the company, its
partners, and its clients.
- A sense of urgency and impatience with the status quo.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, proven.
- Highest standards of ethical behavior.
- Excellent at multitasking.
- Willingness to travel 50%. Preferred hard skill requirements:
- Holistic understanding of Operation room process specific to
utilization of Video & Integration during surgery.
- Possess knowledge in fundamental understanding of operating
room protocol and common procedures including being able to
effectively educate customer on product IFU's. III. Essential
FunctionHas contact with:
- CSUM staff daily,
- Surgical OR1 Area Directors daily,
- Region Sales Managers, IDN Managers and Field Associates as
required, Physical requirement/Demands:
- Work in and around hospital personnel, sensitive medical
equipment, and patients.
- Must work safely within the compliance parameters provided by
each customer (hospital, health system). IV. Core Requirements
- Degree of accountability: High
- Degree of decision making: High
- Financial/Budgetary: No
- Safety: This is a safety sensitive job.
- Quality: Adhere to KSEA OR1 Quality Requirements
- Supervision: 5-10
- Authority to Sign (not applicable for North America):
- Travel: Good driving record; Up to 50% travel during the year
throughout the US, Canada and Mexico to customer sites that
include, but are not limited to: hospitals, operating rooms,
laboratories, and surgery centers. Must reside in approved
geographic location for travel ease. #LI-AA1Your Benefits
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state-of-the-art wellness
program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks vacation, 11 holidays plus paid sick time*
- Up to 8 weeks of 100% paid company parental leave**
- 401(k) retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the
employee's first 6% contribution (up to IRS limits)
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- We prepay your tuition up to $5,250 per year! - Tuition
- Fitness reimbursement of up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more! *Field sales, internships, and part-time
employees are not eligible except where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not
eligible to participate in the KARL STORZ benefits program. **To
include, maternal/paternal leave, adoption, and fostering of a
child. KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the
employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any
time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ,
through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties
outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the
supervisor. Employees must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ
policies and procedures.Credentialing requirements at KARL
STORZKARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment
for our employees and customers. Most field-based roles at KARL
STORZ require hospital credentialing/health screens as a condition
of employment. Credentialing can include required vaccinations,
health screens & other requirements as outlined by our customers.
During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how
credentialing/health screens may impact the role you are seeking
and if you require any reasonable accommodations regarding these
requirements.Pay TransparencyThe pay range and/or hourly pay rate
listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation
that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at
the time of this job posting and may be modified in the future.
When determining a specific team member's base salary and/or hourly
pay rate, several factors will be considered including such things
as location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience,
education, professional credentials, internal equity, and the
amount budgeted for the role.Equal Employment Opportunity &
Reasonable Accommodation StatementKARL STORZ is committed to
creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their
skills and unique experiences. To achieve this goal, we are
committed to diverse voices, and all applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin,
disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
KARL STORZ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations
during our recruitment process. Should you need assistance or
accommodation please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Get in
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Los Angeles , Manager, Customer Success Utilization Manager - East, Executive , El Segundo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!