President- Republic Indemnity
Company: Summit Consulting
Posted on: November 20, 2023
President- Republic Indemnity page is loaded President- Republic
Indemnity Apply locations Calabasas, CA (USA) time type Full time
posted on Posted 12 Days Ago job requisition id R4816 Be Here. Be
Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means
opportunity for you. At Republic Indemnity we market workers'
compensation insurance to a variety of clients primarily in
California and the western United States. With a commitment to
strong results and extraordinary service, there are always
opportunities to learn and grow.We are a member of Great American
Insurance Group and a subsidiary of American Financial Group . We
combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard
with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30
specialty property and casualty operations, there are always
opportunities here to learn and grow. At Great American and
Republic Indemnity, we value the unique perspective each of our
employees bring to the workplace. We know that when people with
different cultures, backgrounds and experiences work
collaboratively, we can exceed our business objectives. We are
dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse
workforce that fosters creativity and enables our ongoing success.
At Republic Indemnity, a member of Great American Insurance Group,
workers' compensation is our expertise. We have been helping small
and mid-size businesses in the western U.S. manage their Workers'
Compensation costs for over 50 years. We provide innovative
solutions, and we build strong relationships with our independent
insurance agents and brokers, who write our business and are
critical to our success. - Republic Indemnity is headquartered in
Calabasas, California and has additional offices in San Francisco
and San Diego and writes workers compensation business in the
following states: CA, AK, AZ, NM, CO, TX, UT, MT, OR, ID, KS, MO
and NV. - We seek an entrepreneurial, driven, results-oriented
leader to serve as President of our Republic Indemnity subsidiary.
The President is responsible for leading Republic Indemnity's
strategy and achieving business plan with accountability for both
profitability and performance objectives. This role is responsible
for all aspects of the business including underwriting, pricing,
claims, business development, finance, operations, and people
leadership. The position will report to Jason Cohen, Senior Vice
President, Great American Insurance Group.Key ResponsibilitiesThe
key responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Establishes business strategies with a long-term focus
(typically 3-5 years) with accountability for the profit, growth,
and overall results for Republic Indemnity. Provides leadership and
direction to underwriting, claims, marketing, technology, business
development and additional shared service functions.
- Maintains profit and loss responsibility for the subsidiary
- Manages the selection, underwriting and pricing of risks
including those of a complex nature.
- Develops strong working relationships with target brokers and
- Evaluates company and industry rate, form, and coverage
- Provides marketing guidance by actively monitoring underwriting
results of brokers and agents.
- Drives underwriting excellence through a high level of
engagement in the business.
- Develops and drives business objectives and long-term strategic
- Ensures profitability, growth, and operational efficiencies
through managing the business underwriting profitability. The ideal
candidate will possess the following key competencies and
characteristics: Industry Experience
- 15+ years of workers compensation experience including prior
managerial and departmental P&L responsibility.
- Claim and underwriting management/oversight experience
- Proven career track record of success. Collaborative Business
- Ability to partner with senior management as well as shared
services (Actuarial/IT/Compliance/Marketing) to achieve business
- Uses a consultative approach to working with people.
- Ability to be an active participant in visioning and
problem-solving processes. Leadership Skills
- Experience managing employees (10+ years preferred) to
achieving successful business outcomes.
- Ability to clearly articulate vision and objectives.
- Ability to attract and develop talent, specifically
underwriting and claims.
- Delegates responsibility and authority.
- Ability to manage and develop leaders within the organization.
- Highest integrity
- Excellent communication skills
- Influencer as opposed to user of authority
- Committed to developing talent
- Enthusiastic and forward-looking
- Demonstrates high-level of initiative
- High level of personal accountability
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Embraces innovation & changeCompany:RICA Republic Indemnity
Company of America
Salary Range:$325,000.00 -$425,000.00Benefits: We offer competitive
healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits for full-time
and part-time benefit eligible employees. About Us Great American
Insurance Group understands the importance of choosing a
financially strong company. We are an organization built for the
long term and are committed to giving you that strength.Why can you
trust Great American Insurance Group?For nearly 150 years,
Americans have trusted us to protect them. Our innovative insurance
solutions and specialization serves niche marketplaces that we know
well. This expertise gives us a successful foundation that spans
generations.You never know where a career in insurance will take
you. Whether you are starting your career or are looking for a
company to grow your experience, at Great American Insurance Group,
you can join our more than 8,100 employees to "Be Here. Be
GREAT!"To learn more, visit our Career Page
Keywords: Summit Consulting, Los Angeles , President- Republic Indemnity, Executive , Calabasas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!