Assistant Program Director- RCC
Company: JWCH Institute, Inc.
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: May 28, 2023
If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process. Full Time 100% Los Angeles, CA, US
7 days ago Requisition ID: 2277 Position Purpose:The LAC-USC
Assistant Director is primarily responsible for assisting the
Director in planning, coordinating, co-leading and monitoring all
operational aspects of the LAC-USC Recuperative Care Program. The
Interim Assistant Program Director will administratively assist to
oversee operation managers in conjunction with the Program Director
and the interdisciplinary Care-Team including primary care
providers, nursing, LCSWs, case managers, peer advocates and CNAs.
Additionally, this position will provide training and support to
various staff, as well as guide the ICMS and LCSW teams in creating
suitable interventions to help clients learn to live independently
in future permanent housing.Program Population:The LAC-USC RCC is a
medical shelter that assists clients to heal and recuperate from
various illnesses and work towards enhancing skills to obtain and
maintain permanent housing. The clients/patients of recuperative
care may come with behavioral and/or substance abuse issues. The
program utilizes the Harm Reduction Model and we "do whatever it
takes" to encourage success of the client. -
- Provide overall administrative direction and guidance to
behavioral health, case management and support staff and managers
under the direction of the Program Director.
- Supervise CNAs and Case Managers, on-site. -
- Communicate programmatic objectives to multidisciplinary staff.
- Train and support CNA and ICMS staff in implementing
interventions and service plans for clients.
- Train support staff in topics such as harm reduction,
trauma-informed care, de-escalation, etc.
- Assist Program Director and staff with the implementation of
program goals, policies, procedures, and reporting tools through
effective use of performance metrics and financial results.
- Promote a team and strong interdisciplinary approach to
delivering high quality, cost-efficient care and case management
services where patient satisfaction, improved health outcomes and
housing placement are the primary goals.
- In conjunction with the Program Director, work to enhance
provider efficiency and, when necessary, assist in resolving
- Participate in periodic coordination meetings with LAC-USC
Campus Staff and H4H staff.
- Support the Program Director in ensuring the clinic, offices
and site maintains a professional facility appearance. -
- Enhance program visibility through community involvement by
participating in service and professional organizations, as
- Actively participate on organizational and ad-hoc committees,
- Assist Program Director with reports on operational issues,
organizational opportunities and/or programmatic goals.
- Participate in patient satisfaction/process improvement
meetings with Program Director, other clinic administrators and
Executive leadership, as needed.
- Assist Program Director in monitoring patient/client
satisfaction through various programs such as the formal complaint
process, patient survey, etc. and respond according the internal
policies and procedures, IPA Grievance procedures and County funded
program grievance processes.
- Ensure quality measures, regulatory standards and customer
service standards are met.
- Ensure all PHI is maintained in accordance with HIPAA
- Ensure program delivers all required services and meets outcome
measures established by the Department of Health Services.
- Hire appropriate staff in collaboration with designated
partners and perform staff evaluations, schedule annual health
clearances and annual clinical competency assessment.
- Review, correct and approve timesheets for CNAs and Case
Managers by assigned due date. -
- Complete check reimbursements forms, as needed, and route to
supervisor for review and approval.
- Arrange and facilitate monthly staff meetings to educate and
train staff and to improve operational efficiencies, in
collaboration with Program Director.
- Complete corrective action plans, if any, post
internal/external audits. -
- Others duties as assigned. -Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Healthcare, Human Services or Social
Work related field.
- 3-5+ years of relevant managerial experience in healthcare,
nonprofit or public health sector. -
- Experience and knowledge in human, social, and/or behavioral
health services, especially for homeless and/or low-income
- Demonstrate expertise working with interdisciplinary teams,
understanding of the impact of trauma on behavioral and medical
- Experience working with clients or patients and staff from
diverse socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary, preferably a team of
Social Workers, Nursing professionals, and operations staff.
- Excellent and strong communication skills that cultivates an
efficient and effective team and organizational culture. Bring a
positive and professional attitude, and is willing to motivate a
team to perform radical care to the community.
- Have a strong understanding of the homelessness crisis and
policy occurring in Los Angeles, CA.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Possess a valid California Driver's License.
- Masters in Social Work, Healthcare Management, Public
Administration or related field preferred. *All JWCH, Wesley Health
Centers workforce members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as a condition of employment. Successful candidates for this
position will be required to submit proof of vaccination against
COVID-19 or request an exemption for qualifying medical or
religious reasons during the onboarding process. Candidates should
not present proof of vaccination until instructed to do so by the
hiring department . Employee Benefits: JWCH Institute, Inc., offers
competitive salaries for all positions. Employees working 30 hours
per week or more are provided a monthly allowance which can be used
towards medical, dental, vision, and life insurance premiums. The
agency offers sick leave and vacation accrual, 11 paid holidays,
jury duty pay, mileage reimbursement, employee parking, direct
deposit, credit union, and an employee assistance program. In
addition JWCH offers a 401(k) Profit Sharing plan to employees who
work a minimum of 1,000 hours per fiscal year. Wesley Health
Centers, JWCH Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Keywords: JWCH Institute, Inc., Los Angeles , Assistant Program Director- RCC, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...