Human Resources Manager
Company: New Directions, Inc.
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: May 29, 2023
Provides for the effective hiring of staff and the efficient
processing of HR systems and payroll in support of
- Responsible for the full cycle of recruiting of both non-exempt
and exempt positions within the organization. Sources, screens,
arranges for interviews conducts background checks, insures
accurate job descriptions are provided to candidates and extends
written offers of employment within the guidelines provided.
- Creates new hire packets and on-boards all new hires;
coordinates with the IT department on the creation of log-ins and
equipment necessary for position, establishes login for HRMIS and
- Prepares benefits packets, distributes to staff based on
eligibility, follows-up on enrollment and process deductions in
payroll. Maintains ACA reporting requirements.
- Prepares and processes biweekly payroll. Coordinates with Time
managers on timely and accurate time cards, insures deductions,
garnishments and expense reimbursements are properly and timely
processed. Maintains employee data in Paycom to ensure accurate
information for the processing of reports.
- Supervises the Receptionist/HR Assistant and can provide
back-up for the position as needed.
- Approves invoices for related services and other duties as may
be assigned.Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years recruiting experience utilizing internet based
systems and proven success at cost effective strategies.
- 3-5 years accurately processing payroll using an internet based
system. Paycom experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential personnel matters,
excellent judgement and decision makingskills ability to conduct
all transaction in ethical, transparent manner.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and internet use.
- Professional demeanor and presentation a must.Education &
- Bachelor Degree in related filed. HR certification a plus.
- Ability to Provide Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Complete a background screen and drug test.
- Provide annual evidence of tuberculosis test.Work Environment
and Physical Demands:
- High level of concentration and attention to detail for
extended periods of time required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals in the
organization at all levels, outside providers and consultants.
- Ability to quickly organize and communicate thoughts and to
understand communications from others.
- Complex reading and writing skills with the ability to read,
proof, and analyze complex documents.
- Ability to see, hear, and talk clearly in order to receive
instruction and to give instructions to others.
- Ability to work independently, with others, around other, have
verbal contact with others, face-to-face contact with others and
prioritize work and make decisions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- This is sedentary work in an office setting. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to
stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below
shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making
and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on
occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.APPLY TODAYTo apply,
email your resume and cover letter to -email@example.com -with the
job title in the subject line, or mail to New Directions for
Veterans, P.O. Box 25536 11420 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA
90025, Attention: Human Resources. No phone calls, please.
Keywords: New Directions, Inc., Los Angeles , Human Resources Manager, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...