Assistant Manager Social Services
Location: Panorama City
Posted on: May 29, 2023
Job Summary: These - positions typically assist a Manager or
Director of Social Services by functioning in one of two roles: (1)
managing the daily operations of an entire Social Services
department or (2) managing the daily operations of an assigned
service(s), programs(s) or function(s). In a Home Health department
or hospice, the Assistant Manager of Social Services may assist the
Home Health -or -Hospice Manager by managing the day to day
operations of Social Service programs; providing clinical and
administrative supervision to licensed social workers; developing
social services budget, business and service plans; implementing
quality management/improvement programs for social services;
developing and implementing social -services policies, procedures,
protocols and clinical practices/ standards.Essential
- In any of the above described role functions, these positions
assist the Department Director or Manager to: -Plan, develop,
implement, maintain and improve/evaluate social services; policies
- Delivery of social work programs/services.
- Quality management.
- Fiscal management, and patient/community planning
- Manage staff (including staff deployed to multiple departments
- Ensure competencies.
- Provide clinical leadership and supervision/consultation.
- Develop, implement and monitor the quality management programs
for social services.
- Assess and analyze staff development needs.
- Develop and/or present educational/development services that
support the delivery of high quality social work.
- Develop and manage departmental budget and costs including
identification and implementation of opportunities for improved
services, value enhancement, and cost reduction/management.
- Manage (including collaborating with human resources) and
resolve human resources, labor relations, employee performance
- Safety and risk management issues on a first level basis.
- Analyze and implement appropriate staffing levels and
- Recommend, develop, and implement new programs enhancing
quality of care and services to specialized patient
- Participate in writing and/or developing grant proposals.
- Identify community resources; collaborate with community
organizations in developing new programs and enhancing community
services for members and other users of our services.
- Collaborate/consult with medical center physician chiefs,
departmental managers, other users of social work services,
regional departments, and health plan members on psycho-social
matters/service needs and ensures that service is provided in an
integrated and comprehensive manner.
- Identify issues which interface with service delivery and
develop techniques to resolve them.
- Ensure compliance with federal, local and state
regulatory/compliance standards. Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical social work
- Minium two (2) years management experience. Education
- Masters degree in Social Work from an institution accredited by
the Council of Social Work Education. License, Certification,
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (California) required at
- National Provider Identifier required at hire Additional
- Demonstrated ability to utilize knowledge, principles and
practices of fiscal and program management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social services treatment/delivery
issues, as well as theories of human development and psycho
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. Preferred Qualifications:
- One (1) year in social work supervision in an acute hospital
setting.PrimaryLocation : California,Panorama City,Panorama City
Medical CenterHoursPerWeek : 32Shift : DayWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed,
Thu, FriWorkingHoursStart : 08:30 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PMJob
Schedule : Part-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-SCAL-01-NUE-Non Union
EmployeeJob Level : Team Leader/SupervisorJob Category : Behavioral
Health, Social Services & Spiritual CareDepartment : Panorama City
MOB #6 - Social Services - 0806Travel : Yes, 25 % of the TimeKaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
Keywords: Kaiser, Los Angeles , Assistant Manager Social Services, Executive , Panorama City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...