Finance Manager (FP&A) - Manufacturing
Company: The Patriot Group
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Finance Manager (FP&A) - Growing Defense Company
Work for a 30 years established and growing Aerospace-Defense
companies in California. -With a great leadership team, incredible
employee appreciation and undeniable chances to -grow - look what
we have to offer you!
Full time on site role.
- A dynamic, fast-growing and highly innovative privately held
small business headquartered Southern California.
- Company builds mission configurable, light, fast, agile,
all-terrain vehicles capable of internal transport in rotary and
tilt wing aircraft. Designed to specification for US Special
Operations, US Army light forces, and global allies
- Located in Los Angeles, CA minutes from Los Angeles
International Airport (LAX)
- Employing over 80 of the most talented people in the
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k with matching
- Paid holidays and paid "Employee Appreciation Days" throughout
ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Seeking a self-driven, highly motivated FP&A manager. In this
critical role, you will be responsible for providing meaningful
financial forecasts and reporting for management, the Board of
Directors, Regulators and Financial Institutions. This data
provides actionable insights, relevant analysis, and associated
recommendations to drive desired business outcomes.
Financial planning and analysis (FP&A) is a set of planning,
forecasting, budgeting, and analytical activities that support a
company's major business decisions and overall financial health.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who enjoys working under
limited supervision, drives and leads continuous improvement in
FP&A business processes, and collaborates cross functionally
with a variety of individuals across all levels of the
organization. The ideal candidate has a passion and ability to
focus on the important business details driving key financial
metrics (indirect expense, earnings, cash flow, orders, revenue)
while continually assessing reasonableness, understanding why
something changes, and determining how to achieve desired business
Ideal candidates will have prior industry experience with defense
and aerospace manufacturing. Must have a firm understanding of DoD
contracting types, policies, and practices, including
government-based major system requirements.
Highly visible role supporting the senior management of the
organization to include the CEO and COO. -
- Develops financial statement forecasts including the income
statement, balance sheet, and cash flow. Understands the drivers
behind these financial statements and then sustains the processes,
tools, and data models to develop timely and accurate
- Work closely with program finance and accounting to develop
processes, models, and inputs for financial forecasting, including
overhead, sales, profit, operating income and free cash
- Leads the preparation of financial forecasting reports and
deliverables, as well as coordinating the responses to ad hoc
financial requests and reports.
- Responsible for annual Forward Pricing Rate Proposal and
management and tracking of indirect rates.
- Leads monthly forecast review (MFR) with balance sheet and
- Flexibility in addressing ad hoc financial analysis through
advanced MS Excel knowledge to complete a variety of business
- Leads indirect budgeting, overhead, and rate modeling for the
business site, providing accurate historical and forecast data.
Provides timely budget data and reporting to understand overhead
cost and meet budget requirements.
- Prepare meaningful weekly financial metrics to track key
performance indicators to take early action.
- Analyzes data for reasonableness and appropriateness,
questioning data and teaming with others to understand the
information and improve sources of information.
- Develops tools, templates, and processes to simplify ways of
gathering data and preparing reports, while also ensuring the
information gathered is relevant and at an appropriate level of
- Drives understanding of variances and then works with
appropriate individuals to identify corrective actions, risks, or
opportunities resulting from those variances.
- Prepare impactful presentations, succinct analysis, and
communicate relevant and actionable details; involve appropriate
stakeholders to take action.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling work to meet specified
objectives internal, sector, segment and corporate requirements and
- Assist with Cost Accounting and Program Finance functions to
include program costs and inventory costing.
- 5+ years of financial planning and analysis (FP&A)
Experience. Including Financial Modeling and Forecasting.
- 5+ years cost accounting experience. -
- Familiar with general accounting principles with month end
close experience a plus - -
- Advanced level proficiencies in MS-Excel (Pivot Tables,
Lookups, Formulas) - -
- Experience with inventory and ERP Systems, Infor Syteline
(www.infor.com) experience is a plus. - -
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting (MBA Degree a plus)
- Experience working for an Aerospace or Defense industry, prime
or major subcontractor is a plus - -
- Must be able to work on site, M-F.
Keywords: The Patriot Group, Los Angeles , Finance Manager (FP&A) - Manufacturing, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...