Senior Director, Digital & Creative Services
Company: Kinsley Power Systems
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Senior Director, Digital & Creative Services Primary Location
Los Angeles Possible Hiring Locations Flexible Department 0210 -
Communications Senior digital and creative strategist for ICANN.
This role leads the teams responsible for developing and
implementing creative approaches to our ICANN's digital, social,
and graphic needs. Oversight of the Creative Services team,
responsible for the development and implementation of cohesive
creative and social media strategy, maintenance and enforcement of
editorial and brand standards across the Communications team and
organization. Oversight of the Digital Services team, responsible
for ensuring that ICANN's digital platforms, including icann.org,
the Open Data program, and other ICANN online properties, are
designed and supported to effectively reach members of the Internet
community, media, and our various stakeholders worldwide. Oversight
of the Editorial function, including consistent editorial
standards, production and updates of the ICANN Style Guide, and the
proofing process for all content. Key Responsibilities &
- Full management of three direct reports, including performance
reviews and professional development, compensation decisions,
recruitment, discipline, termination, and other personnel actions.
Lead, coach, and mentor direct reports.
- Provide leadership and direction-setting for extended team of
five indirect reports.
- Oversee development, execution, and governance of the ICANN
identity expressed through graphics and design.
- Lead team to periodically assess organizational needs, refresh
templates and update tools accordingly.
- Manage the departmental budget in consultation with the SVP of
- Define and drive global social media strategy and activities to
align with global communications strategy and communications
efforts across all social media platforms.
- Oversee and mentor the Creative Services team to promote
consistency, ensure that the ICANN look and feel continually
evolve, and reignite our multichannel approach to amplify ICANN's
- Oversee and direct the Editorial team to ensure that ICANN's
style guide is applied consistently, updated regularly and
- Oversee development and production of all Public
Meeting-related content, including logo and graphic identity,
social media campaigns, daily newsletters and video production.
- Oversee Web Content Strategy team operation and strategy.
- Set strategic vision for ICANN's externally facing digital
properties (icann.org, community sites and Open Data program),
including tone, style and content.
- Oversee the development all front-facing aspects of icann.org,
including design, content maintenance, taxonomy, analytics, and
- Partner with colleagues to ensure seamless development,
alignment and implementation of digital media strategies that are
in line with Global Communications objectives, ensuring appropriate
- Other duties as assigned or requested. Required Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Extensive knowledge and experience in content creation that
aligns to global strategy.
- Knowledge and experience in the content production
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and set multiple priorities and
resources simultaneously with a high level of accuracy and
attention to detail.
- Demonstrated expertise in the social media space - broad
understanding and working knowledge of digital and social media
platforms, technologies, and trends; understanding of content
development in a multi-channel world; ability to work across
multiple social and community platforms with all types of diverse
personalities; ability to understand an appropriately use
- General knowledge of the Internet, governance and issues
- Specialized knowledge of storytelling techniques and the role
of multichannel content creation and delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and communicate strategic
- Ability to lead and motivate individuals to achieve success in
content development, graphic design, production, and digital
- Proven ability to manage sensitive situations and disagreements
with maturity, grace and respect. Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Communications,
Journalism or Marketing.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in multi-channel
- Must include at least 7 years of people management
- Prior experience working for an international organization,
strongly preferred. Languages:
- Fluency, both written and spoken, in English is required.
- Fluent written and spoken language skills in any of the other
official United Nations languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish
or Russian) is preferred. Working Conditions & Physical
- International travel may be required to support ICANN related
meetings as requested for lengths of 7-10 days for each trip,
approximately three times per year, likely on different
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and
internationally as needed.
- Comfort level with an international work environment that
requires availability at times outside normal business hours.
- Work is performed in a normal office environment with limited
privacy and some exposure to background noise.
Keywords: Kinsley Power Systems, Los Angeles , Senior Director, Digital & Creative Services, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...