Territory Manager Hard Surface-San Fernando Valley
Company: Mohawk Industries, Inc.
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: March 20, 2023
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer
solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable
manufacturing and more opportunities for our people.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the
best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start
or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important
to you. Come find your "more" with Mohawk!
What we need:
As an outside Sales Territory Manager, you will be responsible for
implementing, executing, and developing sales strategies in an
assigned geography to meet or exceed sales targets, while
developing and maintaining positive relationships with existing and
What you'll do:
- Execute Effective Sales Calls- Current and Prospective
- Traveling/drive to customers and potential customer's
- Pre-Plan sales objectives, pricing strategies, and probing
questions to discover growth opportunities.
- Be prepared with the correct samples, marketing, and
demonstration tools needed for the call.
- Make sales presentations to prospective and present clients;
calculate and quote prices. Utilize persuasive sales and
negotiation techniques; answering all questions concerning a
product or service, with appropriate referrals where
- Make the sale/close out the transaction.
- Business Relations
- Build respectful customer/partnerships relationships with all
key decision makers at the dealer level.
- Spend time and effort to understand each customers business's
and become their Field Sales Resource to help improve their
- Increase self-usage and customer usage Mohawk electronic
platforms to help simplify customer interactions and increase
- Communicate often to your sales manager and provide customer
feedback, market trends, and competitive activity as well as
required sales activity reporting.
- Nourish relationships with all internal business partners
supporting your sales efforts.
- Territory Sales Performance:
- Monitor territory performance against established
objectives/guidelines and take the appropriate action to improve
performance. Ask for help and guidance as needed.
- Assist in developing a territory customer coverage plan to meet
territory sales growth goals.
- Assist in establishing sales objectives/tactics in conjunction
with your District Manager.
- Comply with established policies, procedures, and practices.
Use good judgment and decision-making to ensure corporate ethical
and professional standards of conduct are maintained
- Stay abreast and inform management of industry, product,
economic, and other territory changes that may impact sales and
overall company business.
- Provides customer service to ensure resolution of issues within
marketing policies; communicate customer requirements and request
support from other departments as necessary. Provides product
specific customer feedback (i.e., product features, quality,
functionality, competition, possible sales results, etc. to product
line managers, management, or customer service personnel as
- Business Expense/Company-owned Equipment. Manages business
expenses in accordance with corporate guidelines; ensures all
assigned company owned equipment, vehicles, documents, materials,
etc. are used, maintained, and stored as required and in accordance
with company policy.
- Performs other duties as required.
What you have:
- High school diploma required; college degree
- 1-3 years of progressively responsible work-related experience
and any combination of education and training which provides the
required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Ability to learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of the
company's diverse business and product lines
- Knowledge of the terms, concepts and practices of the marketing
and sales environment, to include basic accounting, product
developments and manufacturing procedures, distribution, customer
- Proficient using a PC, e-mail, and other in-house database
- Current and valid driver's license
What you're good at:
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal
communications skills to effectively interact and negotiate with
internal and external customers and business contacts, at all
- Ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situation
using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce
tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse groups, ability to
achieve results through team efforts.
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate and analyze statistical
and financial data to develop solutions
- Ability to travel
- 75% - 100% domestic travel via land and/or air. May be required
to lift and move heavy objects and to set up displays in customer
stores. Vision requirements are comparable to that which is
required to maintain a valid driver's license. Body movement is
required to successfully perform the job, such as standing,
reaching, climbing, etc.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that
creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces
around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and
distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the
production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and
vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded
products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the
marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction
requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the
industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC,
Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step.
During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an
American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring
company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe,
India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including
disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud
Drugs Don't Work participant.
Keywords: Mohawk Industries, Inc., Los Angeles , Territory Manager Hard Surface-San Fernando Valley, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...