Area Maintenance Manager - Covina Area
Company: Goldrich & Kest Inc.
Posted on: January 28, 2023
GK is recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of
theMost Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los AngelesGoldrich
Kest (GK) is a diversified real estate development and management
group of companies and partnerships. Its focus is to expand its
portfolio of proven and well-located properties including
multi-family, industrial, retail, commercial and congregate care
through acquisition and development while providing stable cash
flow to its partners and outside investors.Job SummaryThe primary
purpose for this position is to strengthen operations ability to
develop and execute major capital projects that deliver strategic
value and financial success. The position manages the maintenance
duties, short- and long-term planning and maintenance project
implementation at all assigned locations.This position requires
both high level management oversite as well as extensive hands-on
experience. The Area Maintenance Manager will support, lead and
guide their staff members in all aspects of maintenance in addition
to actively performing (boots on the ground) all maintenance duties
within their designated portfolio.Also, this position will lead,
mentor and influence the development of other maintenance staff.
Manages and coordinates activities of workers and contractors
engaged in servicing, repair, installation and maintenance of
equipment and facilities.Under the Supervision of the Regional
Facilities Manager, the Area Maintenance Manager is responsible to
oversee and maintain the overall appearance and maintenance needs
of multiple communities. Responsibilities include curb appeal;
supervision the maintenance staffs; monitor outstanding service
requests, coordinate make-readies and move ins/move out schedules;
staff scheduling, perform general maintenance repairs, vendor
approvals, conduct preventative maintenance and oversee the
construction/rehabilitation needs of the apartment
community.Essential FunctionsThis job description should not be
interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the
essential functions and requirements of this position. The
incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities
and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
- Perform, schedule, and supervise maintenance repairs throughout
the properties including the common area amenities, resident
occupied units, and vacant units in preparation for new resident
- Work with vendors to coordinate repairs. Ensure quality work is
- Assist Regional Facilities Manager in obtaining proposals from
vendors as needed.
- Manage open service requests through Onesite. Work orders need
to be completed or updated in 24-48 hours.
- Communicates with the Community Managers regarding the status
of work and any potential issues, communicating when maintenance
personnel will be assigned to properties that are not their home
property and for how long, reporting anything that may be a
- Budget and maintain an up-to-date supply inventory on all
equipment, tools, and supplies for the property.
- Schedule, monitor and conduct preventative maintenance on
various equipment, electrical and plumbing systems, HVAC, swimming
pool(s), carpentry, dry wall, exterior structural and
- Ensures monthly lighting inspections and replacements of lights
- Completes monthly and annual inspections on time. Follow up on
any issues needing improvement.
- Ensures work areas, maintenance shops, storage areas, equipment
is clean, and well organized.
- Ensures a clean and attractive environment around the leasing
office, clubhouse, pool, and all common areas.
- Picks up trash on the property and in common areas, which
includes but is not limited to, driveways, parking lots, curbs,
trash receptacles areas, exterior hallways, breezeways, laundry
rooms, mailrooms, and any other public areas.
- Direct and supervise the daily activities / special projects
for multiple properties maintenance teams. Apply GK policies and
procedures to all maintenance operations of the communities.
- Prioritize work assignments and evaluate job performance of
maintenance associates. Ensure all work is completed according to
- Collaborate with the Maintenance Managers to coordinate the
move-in schedule and ensure the timeliness and effective completion
of all repairs in preparation for all new residents. Unit turns
need to be completed in 5 days.
- Manage activities for the repair of buildings, landscapes, and
offices. Duties include tracking expenses, reporting progress, and
- Establish policies for inspection, maintenance, and repair of
equipment and facilities, schedule repairs and maintenance; assign
and direct activities of service and maintenance personnel; and
follow up on repairs and maintenance being done.
- Develops and follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) to
ensure quality and compliant maintenance activities are completed
in a timely manner.
- Ensure policies and procedures as well as safety and compliance
expectations are met.
- Reports any inoperable vehicles on property, leaks, mold,
injury, criminal activity and ensures incident report is submitted
- Provide safety training and instruction for newly hired
- Participate in safety meetings and perform all work duties in a
safe and efficient manner, in accordance with company safety
- Respond promptly to resident complaints, concerns and
- Provide input to the Maintenance Manager for performance
reviews for community maintenance associates.
- Comply with GK Management career apparel requirements and
require compliance of maintenance associates.
- A flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and
- Lead, motivate, mentor and develop a successful staff.
- Develop and strengthen the maintenance support by hiring
personnel and upgrading skill levels of current personnel.
- Comply with GK's key control policy by all maintenance
associates, vendors, and contractors. All keys must be secured, and
no keys can be taken home with authorization from GK
- Presents a professional, efficient attitude to ensure resident
satisfaction while working within company guidelines.
- Any other job duties or responsibility that may be
assigned.Performs other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skills and
- Ability to interact effectively with management, co-workers,
visitors, and residents.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management,
and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to read/ speak/ write English language
- Intermediate computer knowledge
- Ability to perform professional level maintenance
- Knowledge of and ability to use simple tools and
- Ability to understand budgets and maintain expenses in line
with the budget.Minimum Qualifications Required:
- 4 + years' experience in maintenance or related industry.
- Previous Multifamily property experience is highly
- Ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize
- Customer service orientation with the ability to work with
residents, vendors, management, and co-workers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Fair Housing and OSHA
- Previous experience in work order management software highly
preferred as well as MS Office products, Excel, Word and
- Must have a valid CA Driver's License and Insurance.
Keywords: Goldrich & Kest Inc., Los Angeles , Area Maintenance Manager - Covina Area, Executive , Monrovia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!