Operations Executive Director - Collins & Katz YMCA & Palisades-Malibu Family YMCA
Company: YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 28, 2023
The YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles is not only the premiere
non-profit in Los Angeles, it is also a great place to work, make a
difference in your community and meet like-minded individuals. With
twenty-six branches, three camps and over fifty child care sites,
the LA Y is a highly-collaborative, rewarding and fun environment
where you will discover your passion, grow your career and make an
We believe in the four Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and
Responsibility and understand that our staff are our biggest asset!
We strive to create high-performing, strong teams in each of our
branches and are looking for passionate and enthusiastic staff who
will help us to strengthen our impact, empower our community and
deliver incredible programming!
Oversees the total operation of both the Collins & Katz Family YMCA
& Palisades-Malibu Family YMCA. Duties include but are not limited
to membership, marketing, programs, facilities, volunteer and staff
development, financial development, community relations and
collaborations with community agencies.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in human services, social services,
business or equivalent.
RELATED EXPERIENCE: Four or more years of management experience,
preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency; Experience in
management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to
recruit top community leaders.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS: Ability to direct total operations through
volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and
monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations, and
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: YMCA Multi-Team or Branch Leader
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- You must have the physical, visual, and auditory ability to
perform the essential functions of the job with or without
- Establish with the branch leadership team long range plans for
the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall
- In collaboration with Executive Directors, develop and
implement an annual operating plan: develop and overall operating
plan for the coming year including goals, timelines and expected
results. Support senior leadership with the delivery of those plans
at all branches.
- Effectively operate the facility and all program activities:
Manage the facility on a daily basis, ensuring that regular
activities and special programs run smoothly. Support senior
leadership at additional locations on facility operations.
- Establish appropriate management tracking methods to ensure
that all branches perform effectively in all key areas.
- Address Specific Problem Areas: Identify and correct areas in
which the branch is under-performing. Organize task forces as
necessary to address these issues.
- Directs , maintains, and models collaborative relationships
with community agencies in service areas.
- Directs the financial development activities of the home branch
and supports additional Y's in achieving fundraising
- Develop and support a year-round fundraising program at home Y,
that includes the annual current support campaign; Special
- Support the hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of
staff in collaboration with Senior Leadership
- Identify career candidates and work an active plan to support
their development and advancement
- In collaboration with Senior Leadership, develops, manages, and
monitors the branch operating budget and ensures budget tartes are
met or exceeded.
- Develops and directs high quality relationship-based member
engagement strategies. Models relationship-building skills
(including Listen First) in all interactions with staff,
volunteers, members, and community.
- Serve as staff to the BOM Program Committee at home
- Ensure that each committee has appropriate staff leadership
along with benchmarks and charts of work that are aligned with the
- Develop strong relationships with the Board of Managers and act
as a liaison in motivating, recognizing and engaging them in the
- Assist the Executive Director in the identification and
cultivation of board members and committees.
- Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member-focused
programs with support the Y mission, goals, and
- Ensures the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities,
grounds and equipment.
- Serves as a member of the Y management and supports the overall
objectives of the YMCA.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Uphold YMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated
reporting and risk management.
- Demonstrate the Six Pillars of Character (Trustworthiness,
Citizenship, Respect, Responsibility, Caring, and Fairness) as well
as the YMCA Core Values of caring, respect, honesty and
responsibility in all dealings with members, guests, volunteers and
- Demonstrate competencies in and willingness to develop in the
Cause Driven Leadership areas of mission advancement,
collaboration, operational effectiveness and personal
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Keywords: YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles, Los Angeles , Operations Executive Director - Collins & Katz YMCA & Palisades-Malibu Family YMCA, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!