Director of Administration
Company: Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Los Angeles, CaliforniaJob DescriptionPosition
SummaryPillsbury's Los Angeles office is seeking an experienced
Director of Administration to lead the office alongside the Office
Managing Partner. -This position is responsible for the day-to-day
administrative, human resources, and operational functions. -This
is a great opportunity to work in a challenging, respectful, and
collegial environment and drive innovation and positive change as
we continue to navigate the new normal. The successful candidate
must possess a strong professional presence, emotional
intelligence, sound judgment, and excellent leadership and
diplomacy skills to interact with colleagues of all levels in the
firm as well as clients and vendors. The ideal candidate will
continue to cultivate the culture by fostering an environment of
inclusion, teamwork, excellence, collegiality, and growth potential
across all levels through mentorship and coaching. -Qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered
for the position in accordance with the California Fair Chance
Act.Representative Key Responsibilities
- Direct the day-to-day operations and develop effective working
relationships with attorneys, staff, managers and senior management
to ensure excellent internal and external client service. - -
- Develop and implement growth strategy, and office, practice,
and business initiatives in collaboration with the OMP, local
section leaders, and management team.
- Set the agendas and prepare financial reporting for monthly
partner, local practice section leader, associate, and staff
- Ensure compliance with HR policies, wage and hour laws, OSHA
regulations, Firm, COVID-19, and risk management policies.
- Prepare and monitor annual operating, capital, and people
budgets and align staffing of all levels with business needs.
- Identify the changing needs of the office and develop
communication and implementation plans to effectuate firm and
office policies and programs.
- Work with management, attorneys, directors, and staff to
resolve conflicts with diplomacy and positive results.
- Manage space planning projects and negotiate and review vendor
contracts and leases.
- Oversee recruiting, and partner with firm departments to ensure
successful onboarding and integration for all staff and
- Administer annual staff reviews, salary and bonuses.
- Collaborate with the firmwide Office Administrators and HR team
to work on and lead firmwide initiatives.Required Education,
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a comparable role with a
professional services firm, preferably a law firm.
- Team player with demonstrated experience leading and managing
change in a consensus driven, collegial and collaborative work
- Strong human resource skills and a working knowledge of
California/federal wage and hour laws and Cal-OSHA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technology skills, including Excel, Word and
- In-depth knowledge of the business of law and legal
- Experience with facilities management including design,
construction, contract negotiations, and project
management.California Pay range for this role, with final offer
amount dependent on skillset and experience is
$190,000-$250,000.Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP is an Equal
Opportunity Employer.If you require an accommodation in order to
apply for a position, please contact us at.
Keywords: Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, Los Angeles , Director of Administration, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!