Director Sales & Marketing
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Director of Sales & Marketing-Full Service has direct
oversight of planning and managing the overall sales and marketing
for a Full Service hotel. The intention is to achieve optimal
occupancy growth in existing accounts and generating new business
all to maximize total revenue and meet/exceed hotel profit
objectives. This role will oversee day-to-day operations of the
hotel sales division including but not limited to direct sales
efforts follow-up and proper sales administration and training.
This role will ultimately recommend the sales forecast marketing
advertising sales plans programs and annual budget for no more than
one Full Service hotel; manages within approved plans and budgets.
Exempt associates are expected to work as much of each workday as
is necessary to complete their job responsibilities. Primary duties
must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more
than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the
use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of
the time. QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 6 years of progressive hotel sales experience
preferred; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 years of
related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 4 years
of related experience.
- Must have a valid drivers license in the applicable state.
- Must possess highly developed verbal & written communication
skills to frequently negotiate convince sell and influence other
managerial personnel hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
- Must have thorough experience with professional selling skills:
opening probing supporting closing
- Shows strong analytical skills and strategic vision in
establishing appropriate sales deployment
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge especially
Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage
- Strong organization and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and manage people
of diverse socioeconomic cultural disability and ethnic backgrounds
while solving complex problems and creating a productive sales
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices
within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations; maintain
composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate all group transient and catering sales solicitations
and bookings to maximize overall revenue.
- Develop recommend implement and manage the division's annual
budget and the advertising public relations marketing and sales
plans and programs for the hotel to maximize rate occupancy and
food & beverage opportunities thus ensuring the hotel meets/exceeds
management and owner revenue/profit goals and expectations.
- Proactively conduct outside sales calls conduct sales tours and
- Understand the content reflected in contracts and how to
negotiate terms therein.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to
predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends
within your market.
- Adheres to Aimbridge Hospitalitys established regulations
company standards sales standards and sales metrics related.
- Comply with attainment of individual goals as well as team
goals and budgeted metrics.
- Train all members of the hotel staff on how to recognize and
capitalize on all sales opportunities to increase hotel occupancy
- With input and guidance from the GM and/or Corporate HR manage
Human Resources in the division in order to attract retain and
motivate the employees; hire train develop empower coach and
counsel conduct performance and salary reviews resolve problems
provide open communication vehicles discipline and terminate as
- Supervise Catering & Event Management Team (as applicable) to
ensure that the Catering Food & Beverage and Meeting Room rental
budgets are met or exceeded.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations and policies
of the hotel including Sales Food and Beverage Front Office and
- Maintain strong visibility in local community and industry
- Attend and/or conduct daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any
other functions required by management providing training on a
- Maintains professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication relationships to achieve initiatives with
respective marketing partner(s) and other internal departments
(i.e. Second Wave Aimbridge Digital or Branded field
- Travel on a weekly basis as required.
- Act as directed on behalf of the General Manager in his/her
absence; performing any other duties as requested by
management.Elegantly presiding over the City of Angels, The Westin
Bonaventure Hotel & Suites provides the ultimate urban oasis in the
heart of the business district. An international symbol that has
come to represent the beauty and sophistication of the city itself,
this famous Westin Los Angeles hotel is one of the most
photographed destinations in the world. Visitors can stroll through
our atrium lobby, and they'll immediately see why. Whether visiting
for a leisurely weekend getaway, business meeting, or special
event, our downtown Los Angeles accommodations define the essence
of modern luxury. Guests can enjoy spectacular skyline views,
access to over 40 specialty boutiques and restaurants, and
unparalleled meeting and conference facilities. Discover LA's
largest convention hotel - widely regarded as a 'City-within-a
City' - sure to surpass all expectations.As the global leader in
third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over
1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22 countries, from top
international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts
and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are
passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional
results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be
the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
Hospitality.After an initial waiting period, those hired into full
time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement PlanJob ID: 2022-169185 Full-Time/Part-Time:
Full-Time Street: 404 S Figueroa St
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Los Angeles , Director Sales & Marketing, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!