Social Work Care Manager (MSW) Care Management, Full Time, Days
Company: National Medical Association
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 26, 2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that
serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County,
Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated
network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health
Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27
outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician)
group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart,
cancer, women's health, urgent care and emergency services. The MSW
interviews and evaluates patients and family members to identify
social, emotional and economic factors which may interfere with
obtaining maximum benefits from medical care; develops and
implements a social work treatment plan to be offered to patients
and family; selects and utilizes community resources as part of the
treatment plan; makes referrals to and coordinates with other
professional disciplines or agencies; provides psycho-social
therapy using a variety of treatment methods; participates in
multidisciplinary health team conferences to formulate the overall
patient care plans by interpreting to the team the psycho-social
aspects of the patient's illness; assists in the coordination of
the discharge plan
- Demonstrated skill in patient assessment, planning,
intervention and evaluation.
- Strong communication skills, verbal, non-verbal, written and
- Familiarity with regulatory agency requirements, policies and
- Master's Degree from an Accredited School of Social Work.
- Registered as an Associate Clinical Social Worker issued by the
California Board of Behavioral Science strongly preferred.
- Evidence of continuing education.
- Prior experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements related to reporting
of child/elder abuse, substance use/abuse, child protective
custody, adoptions, and other legal requirements. Certification:
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card from American Heart
- LA City fire card within 6 months of employment The
organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation's
Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management
Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation's top hospital systems for
best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and
healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to
Work TM . For more information, visit or follow us on , , or .
Keywords: National Medical Association, Los Angeles , Social Work Care Manager (MSW) Care Management, Full Time, Days, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!