Director of Rooms
Company: Highgate Hotels
Location: El Segundo
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The Director of Rooms is responsible for ensuring the operation of
Guest Services, Concierge and Uniformed Services, Housekeeping,
Laundry, Security, Communications and Reservations in an attentive,
friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with
quality service while maximizing room revenue and productivity, and
developing managers and employees.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful,
and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or
accidents arising in person or through reservations, comment cards,
letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and
efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Rooms Division
personnel according to hotel standards.
- Prepare and conduct all front-of-house Rooms Division interviews
and follow hiring procedures according to SOP's. Actively support
Human Resources with recruiting efforts. Ensure that all managers
are in compliance with the standards in their interviewing and
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Rooms Division
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers, employees and other
- Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house
rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position competencies
for Rooms division managers. Monitor completion of the Service
Standards by Position Training Checklists for hourly staff.
- Monitor oversold dates to ensure the maximization of rooms
- Tour rooms operating departments daily, greeting employees and
- Ensure compliance to Standard of the Week training, using the
steps to effective training according to Highgate Hotel
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily.
Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close
observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house
daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, etc.
- Attend daily and monthly Rooms Merchandizing meetings.
- Complete the monthly reforecast.
- Monitor and support the corporate Guest Recognition Program.
- Monitor expenses to ensure expense control and maximize profit,
using checkbook accounting as a control mechanism.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with SOP's in Rooms and Loss
- Conduct walk-throughs of public areas and guestrooms to ensure
that cleanliness and maintenance standards are met.
- Coordinate major projects such as renovations, capital
expenditures, equipment change-overs, etc.
- Conduct weekly Rooms Division meeting, including a monthly
- Perform Rooms Managers' performance reviews according to SOP, and
ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their
administration of performance reviews to their employees.
- Monitor labor expenses through schedule approval process and
ensure budgeted productivity.
- Prepare department heads for succession through development of
their need areas.
- Prepare the Rooms Division annual budget, including Laundry,
Communications and Other Income.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system,
including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that
employees maintain S.O.P.'s in its use.
- Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Carry a pager at all times. Operate pagers and radios efficiently
and professionally in communicating with hotel staff.
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the
Highgate Hotel philosophy of service.
- Be knowledgeable of the current corporate marketing programs and
the standards and procedures for each. Ensure that staff is
knowledgeable in understanding and implementing corporate
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction. Associated topics:
administrative assistant, assist, asso, associate, chief operations
officer, front office, operation, operational support, staff,
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, Los Angeles , Director of Rooms, Executive , El Segundo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!