Senior Director, Retention & Customer Lifecycle Marketing
Location: Culver City
Posted on: September 25, 2022
is a Los Angeles, CA-based underwear and loungewear company best
known for its softer-than-soft basics. Founded in 2011, MeUndies
disrupted the $110B underwear industry with the first online
underwear subscription. Since then, the brand has inspired a
passionate community of undie-obsessed individuals with its bold,
comfortable products. And that's only the beginning---
Today MeUndies has sold more than twenty-four million pairs of
underwear and is profitable with double-digit YoY growth. It
continues to redefine the subscription market by evolving the
transactional subscription to a membership centered on community
and relationships with the brand.
The innovative direct-to-consumer brand offers multiple purchasing
options, including singles, packs, matching pairs, and monthly
MeUndies is currently looking for a Director / Sr. Director of
Retention and Customer Lifecycle Marketing. This person will drive
strategy and execution around engaging our customer base to drive
repeat sales and membership. We're looking for folks passionate
about lifecycle marketing, a willingness to geek out when it comes
to consumer e-commerce behavior and the drive to leave no retention
rock unturned. A successful candidate will be a results-driven CRM
expert, who can not only hit the ground running with high-growth
strategies, but is also willing to roll up their sleeves to support
building the team's underlying capabilities and operationalize
short-term tests and campaigns.
What You'll Do
- Define the retention marketing vision at MeUndies with clear
objectives, actionable KPIs, and a strategic roadmap towards these
- Lead all CRM and retention marketing efforts around lead
optimization, membership growth, increasing engagement, LTV
expansion through upsell and cross sell efforts, referral program
optimization, passive and active churn management, and winback
- Develop site, email, SMS, direct mail & membership marketing
strategies and communications in promotional, transactional,
lifecycle, and triggered campaigns to drive membership growth,
loyalty, and retention
- Establish Looker dashboards and reporting to monitor lifecycle
program efforts as well as progress towards key growth and
- Partner closely with Engineering to continually optimize and
enhance our current event taxonomy, user traits, and cohort
management within our CDP / ESP and various marketing
- Work closely with the Engineering & Digital Product teams to
assess and implement the most appropriate technology (whether
external or internal) to support retention/CRM strategy across
MarTech stack eco-system.
- Own and lead data enrichment strategies and execution (in
partnership with Brand and Engineering) to ensure we have the data
needed to succeed.
- Lead the development and constant iterative improvement of
segmentation strategies to deliver optimal Consumer Experience (CX)
appropriate for a premium underwear and loungewear
- Successfully drive full life-cycle optimization through data
driven multi-channel campaigns.
- Significantly increase the Active marketable first-party
database on behalf of the brand.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to develop promotional
strategies, marketing calendar, audience management, and product
roadmap to continually grow our membership program, increase
engagement and drive LTV
- Deliver quarterly competitive analysis of email, SMS,
referral/affiliate, etc. marketing to ensure we are leading trends
- Collaborate with the Creative team to develop a deep
understanding of what resonates with our customers and optimize
- Work closely with Consumer Insights, Finance, and Merchandising
teams to analyze and assess efficacy of initiatives and how they
are supporting larger organizational goals
- Constantly stay informed with best in class retention
practices, including 1:1 personalization, triggers, email
deliverability, send frequency, subject line best practices and
best-in-class creative approaches to refine and improve all email &
customer retention KPI's
What You Have
- 8+ years of successful, diverse and progressive
ecommerce/online marketing experience
- Minimum 5 years of direct CRM experience, managing and
executing email programs for consumer products with a major
e-commerce brand/company. Big plus if you have experience with
recurring revenue or subscription service companies
- Email Service Provider or CRM platform experience
(E.g.Iterable, Braze, Cordial, Responsys, Adobe Campaign)
- Experience building up and managing a team of Managers and
- Experience managing a email agency
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to set and
achieve goals, meet deadlines, and multitask in a fast-paced
- Analytical thinking skills with a depth of knowledge in digital
analytics, campaign tracking and ROI metrics through data
- Experience with A/B testing and more complex communication
- Experience in conceptualizing and implementing marketing
- Strong Excel and data modeling skills
- Experience in SMS & Direct Mail strategy a big plus
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- D2C Subscription experience
- Loyalty experience
- Power user of: Segment, Iterable, Looker, Postie, Friendbuy,
Churnbuster, Brightback, Measure, Excel,, etc.
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We have focused on building a team of people who emulate our core
values. We look for people who stay balanced, go further, build
relationships, champion differences, and are humble. At MeUndies,
we maintain a stellar brand by working collaboratively and
encouraging growth with learning opportunities. Not to mention,
there is no such thing as a small achievement here - we celebrate
We look at the necessities.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages, including targeted
annual bonuses, generous parental leave, a 401k, fantastic health
benefits, open time off, and more. We also take Learning and
Development seriously - conducting annual performance reviews,
annual 360 reviews, and providing an independent Learning &
Development Budget that starts at $500 right out of the gate!
We have an office you'll enjoy going to.
As of July 2022, we will be returning to our amazing HQ space!
Don't worry, we've implemented a hybrid plan that has been
optimized to work with all team members. As always, we will
continue to follow local, state, and CDC guidelines accordingly.
We're set up to support comfortable working - hot desks, lounge,
and casual seating areas, a Mother's Room, an on-site gym & shower,
and a kitchen that makes you feel like you've never left home.
Plus, we're dog friendly, so your furry coworker can join you
We don't forget the most important things.
We want MeUndies to be a place where you feel safe and comfortable
and encourage our employees to hold us accountable for keeping it
that way. We offer two robust annual surveys to check in with the
team, an anonymous feedback tool available to submit to at any
time, and an HR team that is ready to help. MeUndies is also home
to four employee-led Employee Resource Groups - Womxn's ERG,
Heritage ERG, Pride ERG, and Parents of MeUndies. When you work at
MeUndies, we take your needs as an employee (and a person)
Plus those unique extra things.
We know how important it is to connect with your team members
outside of everyday work. We offer frequent catered lunches,
holiday parties, off-sites, happy hours, and an annual retreat
(right now, these things are happening virtually! But we can't wait
to return to in-person). You'll also get a sweet employee discount
and a monthly MeUndies membership to rebuild your underwear drawer
with our top-notch prints.
Keywords: MeUndies, Los Angeles , Senior Director, Retention & Customer Lifecycle Marketing, Executive , Culver City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!