Managing Director, Real Estate Valuation Advisory
Company: Baker Tilly US, LLP
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Overview:Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading
advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine
coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and
top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the
world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San
Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent
member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of
independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148
territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide
revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely.
Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to
understand the requirements for an opportunity you are
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual
orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance
with applicable federal, state or local law.Responsibilities:Baker
Tilly is looking for a Director to join our Real Estate Valuation &
Advisory Team in our Real Estate Advisory Services Group!
Baker Tilly's Real Estate Advisory is a leading provider of
valuation and advisory services to a growing client base looking to
expand into new markets.The Real Estate Advisory Service Team at
Baker Tilly (BT) is comprised of dedicated, client-focused
professionals. Our employees thrive in a challenging, supportive
environment, taking on a high level of responsibilities as Valued
Business Advisers to our clients. Performance is rewarded and there
are many professional opportunities to grow within the team.
- Be the lead professional on real estate valuation and advisory
engagements and overall engagement management
- Participate in and drive business development through internal
and external channels.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of our staff.
- Communicate with clients to foster relationships
- Identify and assist with pursuing key clients and targets
- Develop real estate valuations of properties and entities
displaying expertise in discounted cash flows (both in ARGUS and
Microsoft Excel), the direct capitalization method, sales
comparison approach, the cost approach and highest & best use
- Assist with marketing and published collateral, including Baker
Tilly's quarterly real estate update.Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in real estate, finance, economics, business,
accounting or a related field is a plus.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in Real Estate Valuation or
Consulting including valuations for financial reporting purposes
(e.g. ASC 805 and ASC 820)
- Certified General real estate appraiser license
- MAI designation in progress
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and outside business
- Strong aptitude with information technology with proficient
skills in word-processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
and the ability to adapt to new technology is required
- Strong financial analysis skills with the ability to recognize
financial issues through review of financial statements
- Self-starter who exhibits the drive and resourcefulness to work
independently and with team members toward common Company goals -
show confidence in functional skills and an ability to apply those
skills in a multi-task cross-functional team setting
- Ability to work in an evolving, team oriented environment, and
accept new challenges as assigned
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills (verbal and
Keywords: Baker Tilly US, LLP, Los Angeles , Managing Director, Real Estate Valuation Advisory, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!