Restaurant Operations Manager - Tao - Los Angeles
Company: Tao Group Hospitality
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Description
- Manage and organize the daily restaurant operations from
scheduling and payroll to guest interactions, ensuring accuracy and
maintaining the highest level of venue standards.
- Deal with all aspects of recruitment and performance
management, including disciplinary procedures. Ensure performance
appraisals are done in a timely manner. Train the restaurant team
to improve product knowledge and service standards.
- Process the weekly schedule and payroll for the hourly staff,
conduct pre-shift meetings, and assist team members with any
- Coach, counsel, and evaluate all members of the front-of-house
team using fair and consistent practices.
- Develop and implement operating standards and implement and
maintain all training manuals as appropriate.
- Assign and instruct staff in details of work; observe
performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
- Communicate with employees effectively, listen to and
understand requests, respond with appropriate actions, and provide
- Interact with all department personnel and restaurant staff as
- Maximize restaurant profitability, implementing effective
controls of departmental processes and prime (food & labor)
- Work closely with superiors in monitoring and updating pricing
on the menu to ensure effective cost control.
- Complete all daily pre- and post-manager shift duties.
- Monitor all cash transactions and ensure cash totals balance at
the end of each shift. Ensure all cash and credit card receipts are
kept in a secured area.
- Communicate any unusual events and customer feedback received
with the management team.
- Take proactive steps to ensure a problem-free guest experience
and follow up on any service recovery situations; ensure that the
executive team is aware of any mishaps that occur.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and city laws
surrounding the sale and consumption of alcohol, health and safety
requirements are in continuous compliance and equipment is cleaned
thoroughly and all stock is organized and clean.
- Perform daily and weekly inventory; monitor stock usage and
- Ensure no items are distributed without being entered into the
point of sale system.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience
and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate
- Produce daily and weekly reports that measure sales and
- Assists and/ or completes additional tasks as
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Valid Driver's License
- 21+ years of age
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance
adhering to Company standards.WORKING KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of five (5) years of restaurant operations experience
required with progression in position.
- Expert knowledge of restaurant operations including food,
beverage, service techniques, and guest interaction.
- Above average skill in math and algebraic equations using
- Proficient in Windows Microsoft Office, Mac OSX, POS
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Ability to act in a professional manner always.
- Ability to communicate effectively and assertively in the
English language, both verbally and in writing with staff, clients,
and the public.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude always.
- Ability to keep an open and objective view.
- Ability to listen empathetically and be respectful always.
- Ability to maintain composure and stay focused.
- Ability to maintain personal integrity.
- Ability to work as a team, stay organized, handle various
projects at one time, follow up and make accurate decisions.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.WORK
ENVIRONMENT & SCHEDULE:The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential job functions.
- Small to Medium office environment.
- Personal desk space.
- Occasionally work in the nightclub, bar, lounge, and/or
- 5-25% Local Travel.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Occasionally work in an environment that is subject to varying
levels of noise, crowds and smoke, the severity of which depends
upon Guest volume.
- Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends and
- Seniority Level
- Mid-Senior level
- Food & Beverages
- Employment Type
- Job Functions
Keywords: Tao Group Hospitality, Los Angeles , Restaurant Operations Manager - Tao - Los Angeles, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!