Director of Business Development
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Company CGI+ is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-growing
multifamily real estate investment and development firm based in
Los Angeles and is seeking a Chief Operating Officer for our Los
Angeles office. Founded in 2006, CGI+ primary strategy includes
both value-add investments and ground up development, largely in
the apartment business. The firm's existing portfolio includes
multifamily, extended stay corporate housing, hospitality and
retail assets located in California and in key cities in the
Southeastern and Southwestern U.S. CGI+ is embarking on an
aggressive growth plan, with a goal of establishing itself as one
of the nation's premier investor and developer of multifamily
communities in select strategic target markets across the nation.
The Position The Director of Business Development will be a Los
Angeles based position working directly with company CEO & CFO.
They will be responsible for business development, overseeing and
maintaining new business relationships for all funds and
acquisitions. This person will create and implement a comprehensive
new business development program, together with Senior Management
and the Investor Relations team, designed to increase the Company's
identity in the marketplace, position it competitively with
identified prospects and consultants, promote its products and
services, and ultimately achieve success in closing business and
solidifying existing client and consultant relationships.
- Bring a strategic approach to client management by developing a
strategic plan for each major client relationship, matching Company
investment capabilities and proactively pursuing opportunities to
- Hold regular meetings to update investors on new initiatives,
as well as client status and fund performance.
- Develop and execute strategy for developing new business
- Create and maintain information on targeted prospects and new
business opportunities with an organized plan for phone and
in-person contact; focusing in areas where the Company does not
currently have existing relationships
- Proactively seek out, uncover, and provide executives with
current market information regarding prospect, clients,
consultants, and competitors that improves the Company's
- Give new business presentations and client review presentations
either alone or in conjunction with senior management.
- Represent the Company in a variety of capacities designed to
raise the identity and attractiveness of the Company and its
products through industry events and prospect/client sponsored
- Evaluate current marketing and client service materials; making
ongoing contributions based on new information from outside
sources, including clients, consultants and competitors.
- Communicate proactively on all marketing and sales activities;
including, but not limited to, the Fundraising and IR team phone
- Work with executives to organize annual client conferences and
- Attend relevant industry conferences to understand current
trends and substance within the industry, as well as to network
with clients, consultants, and prospects.
- Document in Salesforce within 72 hours of any
client/prospect/consultant meeting. Ensure post-meeting follow-up
items are timely and accurately completed.
- Collaborating with Media Relations, Internal Communications and
Marketing on external messages and social media strategy
- Assist in the development and preparation of presentations and
marketing materials for investors such as pitch books, executive
summaries, investor reports, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Candidate Qualifications and
- Strong academic background with a bachelor's degree required in
a relevant field of study (business, finance, real estate, or
accounting). MBA or Graduate degree (with financial discipline)
- At least 5-8 years of experience in the institutional
investment industry in a direct capital raising role, including
demonstrated experience in making client presentations and securing
new business. Additional experience in a supporting role will be
highly regarded as well.
- A well-established reputation in the advisory business, with
key client relationships that will expand and/or enhance the
Company's existing client base. Any additional strong client
relationships outside the U.S. markets will also be highly
- A proven track record of raising capital - preferably across a
broad real estate platform; including equity and debt products;
with diverse investment strategies and vehicle structures.
- A broad network of contacts within the institutional investment
community, including investors, consultants, peer advisors, and
board members, permitting conversations and meetings to commence
immediately upon joining the Compan.
- Experience taking a new product idea from the initial
structuring through the eventual product launch.
- A strong analytical capability and demonstrated knowledge of
real estate and financial markets; with the ability to communicate
this knowledge to clients and prospects.
- Excellent presentation skills, with the demonstrated confidence
and competence to articulate the Company's philosophy, processes
and products; as well as a wide range of technical information, as
required by investors and consultants.
- A personal track record of operating effectively as part of a
new business development team; understanding how a team effort can
add value to the long term growth of the business as a whole.
- The ability to establish personal objectives on a quarterly and
annual basis necessary to evaluate own performance and ensure
growth in all aspects of the job.
- Highly-driven and self-motivated - striking a balance between
working collaboratively across the organization, with a great deal
of autonomy in the Western Region.
- An ownership mindset which extends to every facet of the
business - accepting accountability for personal actions, decisions
and specific performance.
- A willingness to communicate transparently across the
organization, both verbal and written, in a clear and insightful
- A natural aptitude for sales, along with the strategic skills
to effectively manage the process.
- Exceptional relationship skills with a proven ability to
establish rapport with a wide range of individuals, internally and
externally. Start the Application Process Name * First Last Phone *
Email * position * Accepted file types: pdf, doc, docx, Max. file
size: 25 MB. Accepted file types: pdf, doc, docx, Max. file size:
Keywords: Cgiplus, Los Angeles , Director of Business Development, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!