Company: Reef Technology
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionWho You ll Work ForREEF s mission is to connect
the world to your block. We transform underutilized urban spaces
into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated
goods, services, and experiences. With an ecosystem of 5,000
locations and a team of 18,000 people, REEF is the largest operator
of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North
America. Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep
our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful
way.What You ll Do
- The Launch Manager will oversee the launch and successful
hand-off of projects to the GM organization in their market. They
will be responsible for site location identification and expansion
ownership of Launch product lines (e.g. REEF Kitchens, Grocery,
- This role will develop and maintain close relationships and
host weekly meetings with cross functional teams.
- The Launch Manager is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for product
launches in the market with the ability to execute on every task of
the product launch life cycle.
- This position fosters and maintain relationships with relevant
city permitting departments and local experts while, collaborating
with the Public Policy team to expedite product launches in the
market, as well as, improve the permitting process.
- They will also, secure an on-going coordination and
collaboration with relevant central teams to ensure timely,
sufficient, and qualitative market evaluation and site
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
- Cradle-to-grave reef kitchen site location identification &
- Maintain close relationship & host weekly meetings with local
cross-functional teams: GM, Operations support staff, Real Estate
and Legal teams
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant city
permitting departments to expedite product launches in market
- Work closely with Public Policy team and local experts to
improve permitting process
- Act as an SME for product launches in market with ability to
execute on every task in the product launch life-cycle (when
- On-going coordination & collaboration with relevant central
teams incl.: Real Estate, Delivery Platforms, Supply-Chain,
Procurement, Finance & Accounting, IT
- Monitor and execute on set Performance KPIs: # of vessels
launched in city, # of sites launched in city, Accuracy of
information in Project Management Tools (Asana)
- Track Asana project mile-stones and provide clear updates with
actionable solutions to Regional Director on bottlenecks.
Responsible for accuracy of project milestone dates used by
- Owns all cross-functional communication related to product
launches in market
- Manage Launchers in the market and provide clear objectives,
assign responsibilities and KPIs when necessary
- Enforces meetings & ensure clear documentation of processes and
forms; actively improve processes within city market (e.g.
documentation of permitting requirements)
- Escalate bottlenecks & implement creative / timely solutions
with Launcher & Regional Director
- Travel 50-60% within city as requested and work out of local
office when not in field
- Ability to flexible weekly schedule to work on special
out-of-market engagements (2-5 months duration)
- Supervise 2-4 Launchers, where applicableWhat We Want From You:
- BA Degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or
similar fields5-7 years of relevant professional experience. Past
experience working in a fast-paced start up environment, retail
chain and/or managing a small business / market is a plus.
- Robust knowledge of operations, supply-chain management &
procurement processes and practices (incl. P&L and KPI
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Confident working with
limited resources under tight deadlines, and ability to assess
tough situations & make decisions independently.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to develop &
execute on quarterly KPIs set by leadership.
- Strong working knowledge of managing & operating small market /
business (P&L management).
- Excellent leadership skills; ability to manage direct reports,
suppliers, & clients.
- Enjoys team collaboration, tech, out-of-the-box thinker!
- You show up you take ownership, and you can both strategize
from 30,000 feet and operate at the micro level. You are a mature
leader who is responsible for your actions, words, and team.
- You show grit you re passionate about REEF s mission and you
will do whatever it takes to help see the company win. You re not
afraid of getting your hands dirty and diving into the details to
get all of the answers.
- You are true you re humble, mature, and honest. You want what s
best for the team and have no hidden agenda
- You are curious you are committed to learning. You question the
status quo and relentlessly seek out answers and how to make things
- You are bold you take calculated risks that create multipliers
for the business. You have a bias towards action and avoid analysis
paralysis. You possess strong communication skills and demonstrate
the value of transparency.What We ll ProvideMedicalDentalVisionLife
and Disability401KPaid Time Off (PTO)PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job.Frequently operate small office equipment such as a
computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.Work is performed
in a professional office environment and/or remotely.WORKING
CONDITIONS: Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time
including up to the entire duration of shift.REEF Technology is an
equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company.
REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment
opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it
Keywords: Reef Technology, Los Angeles , Launch Manager, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!