Chief Nursing Informatics Officer
Company: UCLA Health
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 26, 2022
ResponsibilitiesThe Chief Nursing Informatics Officer (CNIO)
provides enterprise-wide informatics leadership to effectively
champion the strategy, adoption, and optimization of information
technology and promote and advance transformative innovations from
an informatics perspective. The CNIO is a visionary leader who
combines knowledge of patient care, informatics, and change
management to enhance the design and optimization of the electronic
health record (EHR) to achieve maximal patient safety, quality of
care, and operational efficiency.We seek a relationship-based
leader who pulls people together to form a unified voice and
strategy, whenever possible. In this role, you will be responsible
for, but not limited to, the following:
- lead the Nursing Informatics team in the achievement of these
goals, as well as promotes their continued learning and advancement
- oversees the Informatics Training team and the Engagement &
- collaborate with the Office of Health Information & Analytics
to ensure nursing data and its visualization is in alignment with
goals and priorities
- represent UCLA Health nationally as a leader in health
informatics and will participate on national committees and
organizations focusing on health IT
- partner closely with members of the IT leadership team
including, the Chief Medical Information Officer, Associate
CIO/Chief of Applications, Chief Technology Officer, Chief Data
Officer, and the Chief Academic Informatics Officer in fulfilling
the above responsibilities.Qualifications
- Active RN License required
- ANCC Nursing Informatics Certification preferred
- Masters, DNP or PhD
- Experience working at an Academic Medical Center
- 5+ years of leadership experience required.
- Strong knowledge of clinical operations required.
- 5+ years of nursing informatics experience required
- In-depth knowledge of inpatient & ambulatory EMR applications
required; Epic certification preferred.
- Excellent conflict-resolution skills, logic and the ability to
explore and analyze alternatives.
- Experienced at developing creative solutions to complex
- Strong ability to communicate with people effectively, organize
resources and motivate team members.
- Highly skilled at facilitating and leading group
discussions/meetings, building consensus and managing issue
- Excellent organizational skills to assign, track and following
up on issues, people, tasks and decisions to meet established
- Relationship-focused leader who promotes the concepts of people
working together over individual performance.
- Systems thinker with strong analytical and organizational
skills; high tolerance for ambiguity and shifting priorities.UCLA
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: UCLA Health, Los Angeles , Chief Nursing Informatics Officer, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!