House Manager Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), F/T Mon-Fri AM
Location: Woodland Hills
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Join Elwyn California! - Elwyn California is currently seeking a
Licensed Staff (LVN or LPT) to work with our team in a residential
group homes. This is a non-exempt level position reporting to the
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE/ LICENSED PSYCHIATRIC TECH Primary
- The Licensed Vocational Nurse and Licensed Psychiatric Tech
perform general nursing procedures, behavior management, direct
care and training as dictated by the individuals' health and
behavioral care needs.
- Performs nursing procedures as authorized within the scope of
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team and
contributes to the development of the Individual Support Plan.
- The LVN/LPT may function as lead staff on the shift and may
oversee DSPs and/or CNAs.
- Responsible for providing active programming at all times.
- Responsible for adherence to standards, procedures and
schedules established by their supervisor.
- Responsible for ensuring that any suspicion of or knowledge of
suspected abuse is reported in accordance with the law and program
policies "Mandated Reporter" (SOC 341). Education/Experience
- Possess and maintain a valid, active license from the State of
California to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Minimum 1 year experience with Human Services field
- High School diploma Working Environment/Hazards
- Ability to work in a variety of environments and settings.
- Ability to work weekend shifts Hours of operation is 24-7;
AM-shift, PM-shift, and NOC-shift.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases, blood-borne
pathogens, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a
clinical nursing environment.
- Interaction with consumers who display aggressive and/or
self-injurious behaviors. Requirements
- Valid California driver license
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical and drug
screen, including current TB
- Successful completion of DOJ and FBI background check
- Successful completion of all trainings as required by
applicable regulations, including, but not limited to, DSP1 and
DSP2. Equal Opportunity EmployerElwyn California is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V We are an equal opportunity
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. ABOUT ELWYN CALIFORNIA
Elwyn California, is a subsidiary of Elwyn, a premier non-profit
human services organization dedicated to serving children and
adults with special needs. Elwyn was founded in 1852, providing
innovative services for people with developmental disabilities
since its inception. We believe that all people deserve an
opportunity to build meaningful, independent lives. Individuals and
families find support through Elwyn California programs to learn,
work, and live as they choose and as independently as possible.
Elwyn California Mission Statement Maximizing potential through
personal commitment, collective talents and innovation, Elwyn
California supports individuals with diverse challenges in shaping
distinctive, meaningful lives. Elwyn California Vision Statement
Through partnerships with families, communities and government,
Elwyn California will be the provider of choice for people with
diverse challenges. Elwyn California Residential Programs Elwyn
California provides care for people with Developmental Disabilities
and skilled nursing needs via a sophisticated, state of the art,
alternative model of care. People live in single family homes, with
individual bedrooms and all the typical "home-like" amenities, as
opposed to having to live in larger congregate hospital-like
settings. Likewise, our employees enjoy a smaller, more personal
and home-like working environment, as well as the opportunity to
provide a very high level of quality care based upon the smaller
number of residents (typically 4-5 per home) and the high staff to
resident ratio. #CB *MON SCADSP1
Keywords: Elwyn, Los Angeles , House Manager Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), F/T Mon-Fri AM, Executive , Woodland Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!