Manager, Cybersecurity Operations
Company: UCLA Health
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: June 25, 2022
ResponsibilitiesUnder the general guidance of the Senior Manager
of Cybersecurity Operations and indirectly the Chief Information
Security Officer, the IT Security Manager is responsible for
planning, organizing, and directing the activities of the UCLA
Health Sciences Cybersecurity Operations team.
The IT Security Manager will ensure the UCLA Health Sciences IT
Security Infrastructure (including related people, process,
technology, controls, and safeguards) is running optimally,
effectively, meets all regulatory and compliance requirements and
is capable of protecting and defending the organizational systems
and data from the latest cyber-attacks, data leakages, insider
threats and unauthorized access.
The IT Security Manager will manage a team of IT Security
professionals, oversee their work, outcomes and provide a point of
escalation for all related cybersecurity events, issues, projects
and operations. The manager will represent IT Security as a trusted
advisor and collaborate with stakeholders, leadership, and user
communities across UCLA Health Sciences.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computing science or related field
desired; related work experience and/or certifications may
substitute for educational degree; healthcare or academic medical
center experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience required; IT
operational experience is highly desired.
- Ability to remain calm and productive during potentially high
stress situations (e.g. service outages, security events,
investigations or when necessary).
- Ability to motivate / inspire staff and colleagues.
- Works well with others and contributes to a positive,
collaborative and effective work environment.
- Possess an attention to detail with a strong sense of duty,
customer service and user experience.
- Expert understanding of current and emerging cyber threats
(e.g. techniques, tactics and processes) and security events (e.g.
attacks, hacks, compromises, vulnerabilities, breaches, malware,
unauthorized access, etc.).
- Working understanding of existing and evolving HIPAA, FERPA and
state regulatory requirements as well as the NIST Cybersecurity
framework, COBIT maturity model and various underlying
- Understanding of IT security governance is highly desired.
- Ability to create telemetry that informs and supports IT / IT
Security operations groups, projects or initiatives.
- Ability to establish meaningful metrics that drive decision
making along with generating status reports and dashboards.
- Experience in creating policies, procedures and operational
documentation that are both usable by staff and meets audit
- Must possess strong critical thinking, problem-solving and
crisis management skills.
- Strategic understanding of commodity / open-source
cybersecurity tools, solutions, services, orchestration and
automation is highly desired.
- Ability to work with large, disparate datasets, such as asset
inventories, syslog captures, application, network and security
- Strong proficiency with Excel, Access, SQL (or like toolset) to
analyze, trend, tack and present data.
- Working understanding of the legal aspects of data acquisition,
electronic discovery and forensic investigation.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills are required
with the ability to effectively present complex technical concepts
to non-technical staff and management.UCLA is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: UCLA Health, Los Angeles , Manager, Cybersecurity Operations, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!