Director of Integrated Marketing
Company: University of Southern California
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Director of Integrated Marketing for USC Online will serve
as an in-house consultant and expert advisor to USC schools and our
shared efforts to promote, recruit and convert target audiences
into the university's online graduate programs. The desired
candidate is results-oriented with deep knowledge of digital
marketing trends in higher education as well as best practices for
audience development. The Director of Integrated Marketing will be
tasked with building strong relationships with internal partners
and outside vendors, be influential and effective in a consulting
role and have proven command of market research practices, CRM
systems and data-driven campaign evaluation. Reporting to the Chief
Marketing Officer for Strategic and Global Initiatives and USC
Online, the position will be located in Los Angeles, CA and will
have a dual reporting relationship to the Associate Vice Provost
for Online Education. -Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, activate and measure marketing campaigns for Skill Up
and other programs that advance graduate education at USC;
authentically and carefully integrate online graduate program
messaging with Skill Up users; measure and report back to
- Identify and negotiate digital media buys and scale purchases
with major platforms for USC graduate programs; establish best
practices and share performance standards; manage out-of-home
advertising buys for audio and outdoor. -
- Review and evaluate lead conversion practices and messaging;
recommend improvements based on university and industry best
practices and suggest digital marketing platforms and tools for
- Establish routine internal communication to advance
transparency and visibility for graduate recruitment efforts across
- Manage outside vendors including designers, copywriters, media
and ad agencies. -Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with CRM platforms and working knowledge of use and
integration in large institutions.
- Development of communication touch point for audience
development and conversion campaigns
- Exceptional writer and editor able to produce compelling and
succinct marketing messages as well as briefs for creative design
- Experience buying digital and OOH media.
- Knowledge of different types of marketing research for program
identification and market insights.
- Technical understanding of Digital and Growth Marketing, google
analytics, retargeting campaigns, and ability to evaluate and
recommend marketing acquisition technology solutions.
- Identify key metrics needed to report on marketing and campaign
performance; ability to build and routinely report on data to
- In-house and/or agency experience with large brands or
institutions in an audience development role with account-structure
relationship to stakeholders.
- Ability to work on multiple brands, products and programs at
the same time while reporting out to relevant stakeholders. -
- Experience managing outside vendors and agencies.
- Contract negotiation.
- Proven success using digital growth tools and tactics. -
- Entrepreneurial experience.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree Combined experience/education
as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 5 years
Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Management experience in marketing and
Keywords: University of Southern California, Los Angeles , Director of Integrated Marketing, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!