Real Estate Strategy Manager - Remote
Company: Harbor Freight Tools
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Real Estate Strategy Manager is responsible for leading the
Real Estate Committee (REC) preparation and presentation process,
prescreen emails, target release list, lease execution memos, pulse
replies and other ad-hoc analysis as it relates to new store
performance. Additionally, the role will assist with other areas of
analysis within the Real Estate Department including analysis of
construction costs, lease renewals, facilities and any process
aspects of the department. This role has cross functional
responsibilities and serves as a representative of the Real Estate
team in projects across the organization. This position provides
informal leadership of the real estate strategy team and provides
assistance to the Director of Real Estate Strategy with all tasks
and analysis related to where to open new stores.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a team leader in the Real Estate Committee process, whether
it be supervising the preparation of all material or presenting to
the Real Estate Committee.
- Lead analytical support for various initiatives including, but
not limited to where to open new stores:
- Sales forecasting and cannibalization analysis for new sites,
including the process behind the sales forecasting methodology for
- Pro forma P & L and investment analysis for prospective sites,
including validating the assumptions behind the pro forma
- Leverage time spent in the field to better understand risk
around particular markets, driving when a process for when it is
necessary to travel to markets once travel is safe.
- Lead various special projects and reporting requirements to
assist with the development of our real estate strategy.
- Oversee pulse replies and quarterly post audits, ensuring
analysis is supporting our Real Estate Strategy.
- Develop a comprehensive market planning process with
- Ensure there is an actionable real estate strategy for all
existing stores, including but not limited to relocations,
expansions, remodels, etc.
- Recommend and track appropriate capital investments for both
new and existing stores to best support HFT's long-term asset
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis to evaluate purchase and sale
opportunities as applicable
- Ensure monthly and bi-weekly reporting for Real Estate,
Facilities and Lease Renewals are completed on time and to the
- Lead opportunities for process improvement across the strategy
team and real estate department.
- Directly Identify and apply innovative 'best practices' and
industry benchmarking for real estate strategy, across the entire
team to ensure the team is best in class.
- Be a leader in cross functional projects, ensuring that
projects get adequate spatial analysis support and whatever
resources they may need from the team.
- Assist with prioritizing analysis, REC prep, LEMs and process
improvement across the real estate strategy team
- Additional Duties as assigned by management
- Regular Attendance is requiredScope
- Staff supervision and Development - Yes in supervising
processes and tasks. Potential for Direct Supervision in the
- Decision Making -
- Provides data for decision support
- Negotiates on behalf of management
- Provides consultation or expert advice
- Participates in planning business objectives
- Travel - Greater than 25%
- Location - Corporate HQRequirements :Job Qualifications-
- Ability to present data and communicate clearly and effectively
- both to peers and to senior management.
- Excellent Excel and Access skills
- Track record of being self-sufficient for all real estate
strategy tasks with minor supervision.
- Fluent in EnglishPreferred
- Additional database and business intelligence (BI) skillsets
preferred.Physical RequirementsGeneral office environment requiring
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- ability to bend at the knee, crawl
- Lift up to 15 lbs.
Keywords: Harbor Freight Tools, Los Angeles , Real Estate Strategy Manager - Remote, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!