Sr. Engineering Manager - Unpublished Fighting Game
Company: Riot Games
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas
but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader
domains. As an Engineering Manager, youll pioneer innovative ideas
around product strategy. Youll also serve as an advisor to other
managers, supporting plans to improve organizational design and
Project L is Riot's League-IP take on a competitive fighting game.
As a Senior Engineering Manager on the R&D team responsible for
helping Riot build and deliver a brand new fighting game, you will
report to the Engineering Director, overseeing a team of engineers
responsible for the build systems, release readiness activities,
and shared technology used by the rest of the game development
team. You will manage all technical decisions within your scope and
help shape the product.
- Manage teams of 6-10 engineers ranging from associate to
- Support a team working collaboratively with product, delivery,
technical, and quality leads.
- Help us with design, code and release processes for the
products and solutions produced on your team.
- Mentor software engineers, building career paths with them to
help meet their goals.
- Design the team makeup so that it has the skills and staff
needed for our goals.
- Ensure what we are building is serving our customers long-term
- 5+ years as an Engineering Manager/Director of Engineering
- 6+ years professional experience as a software engineer.
- Expertise with continuous development and deployments of
- Expertise in project management, prioritization frameworks and
guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
- Experience in game development
- Experience leading an engineering team operating a high-traffic
game or other consumer product
- Experience leading DevOps, SRE, architecture and/or
- Experience leading content/game engine support teams
- Familiarity with working with central technology teams,
influencing central technology roadmaps, and contributing tech to
- Experience managing external vendors and technology
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time
off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work
schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental
leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a
401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values
teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our
culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the
guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to
putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of
everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture
where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We
encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and
our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
Its our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all
applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes
reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and
does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status,
criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable
federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles Fair
Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's
criminal history.by Jobble
Keywords: Riot Games, Los Angeles , Sr. Engineering Manager - Unpublished Fighting Game, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!