Director Product Design & UX Strategy (REMOTE)
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Vericast is a leading marketing solutions company, delivering
actionable insights and expertise through its Valassis and Harland
Clarke omnichannel solutions, to help more than 70,000 businesses
engage with their customers. Every day, Vericast influences
purchasing and transaction behavior of more than 120 million
households - impacting where they eat, shop, buy, save and borrow.
Follow Vericast on LinkedIn and Twitter to learn how Vericast
Vericast is looking for a Director of Product Design and UX
Strategy to lead an experienced product design team and oversee the
design for a portfolio of digital products. You'll become part of
design leadership, working closely with colleagues to continue
shaping the culture of innovation, research, and product
You have experience leading design teams and a proven track record
in designing engaging user experiences. In this role, you'll
provide design direction and mentorship, manage resources in a
fast-moving product organization, and influence product strategy to
deliver compelling experiences that delight our members and grow
Are you a forward-thinking UX leader with 8-10 years of experience
under your belt who's passionate about human behavior? Do you geek
out on the latest trends, technologies, and design tools and wonder
how you might apply them to your next project? Do you have the kind
of entrepreneurial, collaborative, and empathetic mindset that
fearlessly advocates for the user while remaining a trusted advisor
to a multidisciplinary team? Then we need you to lead our
multidisciplinary product design team.
- Set design strategy and execution across a portfolio of
- Contribute to strategic roadmaps with cross-functional partners
and manage multiple complex schedules and stakeholders.
- Shape the product roadmap, both short-term and long-term.
- Develop design talent and build a thriving culture where
designers grow in their careers and feel a strong sense of
inclusion and belonging.
- Enable your team to innovate, ask questions, learn quickly and
deliver extraordinary results.
- Develop repeatable, scalable mechanisms and approaches to doing
our best work.
- Investigate new trends, techniques, technology, and tools to
help improve efficiencies across our teams
- Drive a high bar for design quality and execution across our
- Represent design at all levels and advocate for human-centered
- Seamlessly fill a player-coach role, providing strategy,
leadership, and hands-on conceptual design.
- Design and scale the organization and equip the team for
success in their goals.
- Build and manage a team of talented product designers, visual
designers, and interaction designers.
- Prioritize and staff projects
- Drive collaboration and vision across the company to build
alignment on priorities leading to product design and
- Partner closely with a world-class team of product managers,
engineers, user experience researchers, data scientists, sales, and
operations to deliver high-quality experiences for people across
markets, platforms, and products.
- Oversee multiple projects and scale design resources
accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met, your org is effective, and
team members are set up for success by setting clear and measurable
- Have the backbone to make tough calls, prioritize work, and
stand for quality when products are not ready to ship.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships and influence
across the organization
- You're a human-centered UX design leader that drives strategic
product innovation and relentlessly raises the design bar by
- You're an expert communicator at every level with the ability
to flex between influencing executives and inspiring team
- You're a curious, passionate, data-driven problem solver.
- You clearly and convincingly explain your decisions and
- You understand people, technology, and how they interact.
- You are empathetic.
- You've worked as a member of a team of designers, strategists,
researchers, and developers.
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates your range of experience
and thinking, that showcases your process, deliverables, and roles
on the projects-from setting strategic direction through tactical
- You're a relationship builder that actively develops cross-org
partnerships, fosters trust, and aligns stakeholders.
- You take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating
- You're an emotionally intelligent (EQ) leader that hires and
develops the best, growing, and inspiring designers to push the
boundaries of what's possible.
- Great collaborator and team player - you understand design is a
team sport, and when we win, we win together.
- Over 10 years of experience in design leadership and consumer
or enterprise product design
- At least 5+ years of leadership experience with direct reports
under your guidance and leadership, including hiring and developing
senior managers and individual contributors
- Experience growing a strategic design practice within design
- A degree in a design discipline or equivalent years of industry
- Resumes without portfolios will not be considered.
Vericast is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be
made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our
Recruiting Administrator directly at 616-541-3145.
Keywords: Vericast, Los Angeles , Director Product Design & UX Strategy (REMOTE), Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!