Company: Drew Child Development
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Mission:For more than 30 years, Drew CDC has been instrumental
in making a difference in the South Los Angeles Community to
prepare the children of Watts-Willowbrook, Compton and South Los
Angeles to succeed and thereby strengthen our communitys future.
Weve dedicated our mission to providing groundbreaking, innovative,
high quality programs that are outcome driven and best practices
supported. Our values of accountability, integrity, and respect
govern our decision making and ensure that everything we do strives
to promote the health and well-being of those whom we serve.
Position Summary: This position reports to the Controller and will
be responsible for AR, AP, Payroll, budget forecasting, and
financial reporting for our organization. The Accounting Manager is
responsible for serving as a supervisor in the finance department
and ensuring the department creates accurate and timely financial
records and develops and implements policies and procedures for the
organization. This process will also entail establishing an
eligibility list of qualified candidates who are selected and
desire future employment opportunities with Drew CDC within the
current fiscal year.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establishes financial status by developing and implementing
systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting
financial information, and managing accounting staff.
- Maintains and works with the Controller to ensure proper
internal controls and develops written policies and
- Collaborates with the Controller to prepare and present Board
- Maintains, analyzes all general ledger accounts, including
posting, reconciling transactions, financial statements in
accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Drew
- Assists with grant billings, reporting, month-end, and year-end
- Assist with A-133 Audits and Form 990 preparation.
- Works collaboratively with the Finance/Accounting department
staff to troubleshoot and resolve Drew CDCs internal and external
- Manage assigned personnel and all related areas within the
business unit and report transactions and activities to the
organizations finance department.
- Collaborate with the finance department staff to encourage
overall development and actualization of targets and
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in the use of resources
through proper monitoring and efficient analysis of the accounting
- Supervise and monitor the accounting department in areas of
interviewing, recruitment, and performance management.
- Plan and prepare monthly and yearly accounts report(s).
- Work with the units responsible for accounting records to
ensure all targets relating to financial reports are met.
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing
accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and
reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing
production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards;
resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends;
determining system improvements; and implementing change.
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting
requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures,
analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses;
coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of
financial data; and preparing special reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of
accounts and defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting
accounting policy and applying observations and recommendations to
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed
legislation, enforcing accounting regulations, and recommending new
- Protects the organizations value by keeping information
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining
personal networks, and participating in professional
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing
related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience with computerized ledger systems;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Strong writing and communications skills;
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment;
- Knowledge of Uniform Guidance (2 CFR () 200, and nonprofit
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or a related field, from an
- 5+ Years of progressive experience in general or nonprofit
- Experience using Blackbaud Financial Edge.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirement for this position
are defined as light work: exerting up to 20 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a
negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:The worker is subject to inside
environmental conditions (office): Protection from weather
conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
FLSA Status:Full time, Exempt
Disclaimer:The above information regarding this job description has
been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory
of all job duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of
employees assigned to this job.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCEHealth & Welfare Benefits
- Life Insurance (100% Agency Paid)
- Long Term Disability Insurance (100% Agency Paid)
- Short Term Disability Insurance (100% Employee Paid)
- FSA- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent Care,
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Eleven paid holidays per year
- Two Floating Holidays per year
- Nine accrued paid sick days per year(rolled over up to a
maximum of 18 days)
- Winter Break-December 25 - January 1
- Up to 20 days of accrued paid vacation days per year based on
- *The Agency pays 85% of the premium cost for employees and a
generous portion of the premiumcost for dependent coverage.by
Keywords: Drew Child Development, Los Angeles , Accounting Manager, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!