Care Coordinator/Case Manager
Company: Hillview Mental Health Center, Inc.
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Requirement - Care Coordinator/Case ManagerWe currently have an
opening for mental health care coordinator/case managers in our
Recovery, Resilience, and Reintegration (RRR) program. This program
serves individuals aged 18 and older with diagnosis of severe and
persistent mental illness to assist them with managing symptoms,
increasing coping skills, and linking to needed services in order
to build a meaningful role in community to improve general quality
of life.Case Managers are an important part of a multidisciplinary
team that work together to help individuals on their path to
obtaining and maintaining recovery and wellness.Duties: Care
- Provide individual and group rehabilitative services that focus
on improving, maintaining and/or restoring client functioning.
- Link clients to community resources such as housing, medical,
and financial resources.
- Accompany clients into the community to improve access to
resources and/or attend appointments.
- Work in a multidisciplinary treatment team that includes
psychiatrists, other care coordinators, and therapists to assist
clients in achieving the best possible clinical outcomes.
- Maintain timely, complete, and legible clinical records
(knowledge of Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health
paperwork is beneficial).
- Provide crisis intervention when indicated.Hours: Care
Coordinator / Case Management
- Monday through Friday (40 hours)
- Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Meal Period: 30 minutes
- After hours on-call rotationQualifications - Care Coordinator /
- Bachelors - BA/BS/BSW in mental health, human service field,
criminal justice, or psychology preferred.
- Desire to work with adults (18 years and older) with a serious
- Must show valid California driver's license and current
automobile insurance prior to start date.
- Must maintain a good driving record and provide verification of
current automobile insurance on an annual basis.
- Ability to pass thorough background check, Hillview will
consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those
with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with applicable
state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair
Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.Required education: Care
Coordinator / Case Management
- Bachelor's DegreeRequired Skills - Care Coordinator / Case
- Demonstrated Experience/knowledge related to working in the
mental health field.
- Compassion for clients and dedicated to making a difference.
- Comfort working with a diverse population, including clients
with severe and persistent mental illnesses.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Comfort working with clients referred from the criminal justice
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment both
in the office and in the community.
- Must work well in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to perform after hours on-call responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain productivity and documentation standards.
- Ability to manage time efficiently, organize and prioritize
tasks, demonstrate sound judgment, give attention to detail, be
flexible, self-driven and motivated.
- Must have basic computer and typing skills.Preferred Skills -
Care Coordinator / Case Management
- Bilingual in Spanish-English.
- Experience with substance use treatment and/or specialization
in co-occurring disorders.
- Criminal Justice Background.
- Previous case management experience.
- Knowledge of Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health
records paperworkAs a member of the Hillview team, employees enjoy
competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package including
paid vacation, holidays, credit union, 401(k) plan and medical,
dental, life and long term care insurance paid by Hillview.Job
Type: Full-timeJob Type: Full-timePay: $19.24 - $21.67 per
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to Friday
- On callCOVID-19 considerations:Must Be Vaccinated.Work
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: Hillview Mental Health Center, Inc., Los Angeles , Care Coordinator/Case Manager, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!