Company: Providence Health & Services
Location: Mission Hills
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Providence is calling a Director of Communication at Providence
Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center.
We are seeking a Director of Communication to be a key strategic
partner with executive leadership, leading internal/external
communication efforts (media relations, community relations,
reputation management, organizational communication, social media
and executive communication) and delivering consistent, clear
messaging to all Providence audiences at Providence Cedars-Sinai
Tarzana Medical Center. The director leads the communication team
responsible for providing hospital-wide strategy, planning and
delivery of communication initiatives in support of Providence
Southern California strategic priorities. The Director aligns
communication efforts and initiatives across all stakeholder
groups, ensuing the organizational voice and narrative, and
Mission, Vision, and Values of Providence, including the culture
and charisma of our founding congregations, are present in all
In this position you will have the following
- Direct strategy, planning and execution for complex and
large-scale communication plans and programs, major organizational
campaigns and initiatives related to media relations, crisis
management, organizational communication, social media, community
relations and executive communication
- Lead and direct people and/or multi-disciplinary teams in
communication plan development and execution. Reports on progress
and assigns tasks to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Direct and manage high-performing, engaged teams and caregivers
through servant leadership and mentoring.
- Able to write, edit and approve high-quality communication
plans, messaging and copy that meets Providence standards.
- Work collaboratively with leadership and stakeholders to
develop communication strategies, employee/caregiver communication,
executive communication, public relations, media relations,
issues/crisis management, thought leadership and social
media/influencer strategies to promote and enhance the reputation
of Providence and our family of organizations.
- Reinforce, enhance and grow the organizational voice and
narrative of Providence through consistent, proactive communication
- Accountable for team delivery of strategic communication
counsel and support.
- Ensure alignment of organizational and region/ministry
messaging and communication programs.
- Manage, monitor and improve the delivery of information and
messaging to caregivers and other audiences.
- Partner, collaborate and align with marketing and communication
leadership at the system and regional level to coordinate
strategies and plan implementations.
- Represent function on and provides expertise/consultation to
executive leadership teams and committees and councils.
- Serve as public information officer in times of crisis as
- Lead and direct team achievement of goals and success measures
in support of operating commitments and ISFP
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in communication, public
relations, marketing, business administration or related field,
with master's preferred.
- 7 years demonstrated senior management experience in leading
broad-based and successful communication teams and programs.
- Demonstrated experience managing communication programs and
- Demonstrated experience working in highly matrixed and
geographically dispersed organizations and teams.
- Demonstrated writing and editing excellence.
- Demonstrated health care experience.
- Deep knowledge of integrated health care and communication
- Ability to create strong, strategic business relationships with
senior executives and board leadership at both the organizational
and region/ministry levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively across a diverse, matrixed
marketing and communication team to ensure messaging and programs
are delivered quickly, consistently and powerfully across multiple
channels and locations.
- Ability to drive proactive, powerful messaging in support of a
- Agility and flexibility in coordinating multiple high-level
projects, and just-in-time issues and work assignments.Preferred
- MBA or MHA.
- Communication experience in health care.
- Experience in a faith-based health system/organization.About
the department you will serve:
Providence Shared Services provides a variety of functional and
system support services for our Providence family of organizations
across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and
Washington. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering
a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers.
For more information, visit
As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the
ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially
those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals,
care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care
and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving
the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status,
religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic
information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or
Job Category: Marketing/PR/Communications
Other Location(s): California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 314741
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Los Angeles , Director Communications, Executive , Mission Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!