Director, Ticket Operations
Company: Los Angeles Clippers
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Finance & Accounting Los Angeles, California, United States Full
time We are looking for a Director of Ticket Operations to lead the
ticketing and box office functions of the LA Clippers and provide
support services to the Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario ("ACC").
As Director, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of the
AXS ticketing system and coordinating across internal business
departments (Sales, Finance, etc.) to ensure accurate data and
timely reporting. The Director is the primary liaison with AXS and
will ensure that appropriate support is provided to all internal
system users, proper training is conducted, and all reporting needs
are met The ideal candidate brings experience building and leading
a ticket operations function; experience opening a new venue will
be helpful. Process improvement, a high attention to detail, and
proficiency in Excel, including advanced Excel functions and
familiarity with pivot tables, are vital skills in this role. This
is a full-time position based in our DTLA office. In accordance
with public health guidelines, we are currently working remotely
and anticipate onboarding new staff in a remote environment. What
You Will Do
- Lead the Ticket Operations team.
- Work with the internal Business Strategy and Operations team to
manage inventory, establish ticket pricing and ongoing maintenance
of the CRM system.
- Develop and maintain internal controls and processes around the
AXS ticketing system. Create formal documentation around existing
and new processes and controls.
- Responsible for developing and implementing policies and
procedures around box office operations.
- Enforce department and company ticketing rules and
- Work with Finance to reconcile daily sales information and
proactively communicate issues as they arise.
- Develop, monitor, and ensure that ticketing related financial
information is readily available and accurate for the accounting
- Work collaboratively with Ticket Sales and Service, Marketing,
Corporate Partnership, IT, Finance, AXS and any other relevant
departments on joint projects, sales/service initiatives,
implementation of revenue generating ideas, reporting and problem
- Build and modify all accounts, price codes, events, and
- Establish processes, tracking and reviews for all holds and
- Train Sales and Ticket Operations staff on the AXS ticketing
system and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Manage internal, external, and group ticket orders, including
strict limitations on complimentary ticket distribution as well as
prompt, efficient turn-around times on all orders.
- Be onsite in the box office on game days to provide customer
service and settle all activity with a prepared and complete box
- Maintain a high level of technical skills, keeping current with
emerging box office trends, and incorporating changes as
appropriate to the department.
- Establish formal support function for ACC including
establishing processes and controls.
- Develop working knowledge of the Ticketmaster Archtics
ticketing system to support ACC. Your Background, Skills and
- 7 or more years box office or ticket operations experience
- Must be detail oriented and data and process focused
- Strong working knowledge of AXS and solid understanding of
- Experience in customer service and supervision essential
- Experience with various ticketing platforms required
- Knowledge and experience with financial procedures and managing
- Previous supervisor and leadership experience
- Ability to work irregular hours in addition to normal business
hours as needed
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated dedication with the ability to lead projects from
origin through execution
- Ability to learn, contribute and thrive in a fast-growing,
- Effective interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach
towards business Led by Chairman Steve Ballmer, the L.A. Clippers
are committed to the city of Los Angeles and through the L.A.
Clippers Foundation, provide resources and opportunities that make
a positive difference toward leveling the playing field for youth
in Southern California. Visit the Clippers online at
www.clippers.com or follow them on social media @LAClippers The LA
Clippers are a proud equal opportunity employer. It is our desire
and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working
environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. We
will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. To request an
accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. LA
Clippers does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color,
religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran
status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment
opportunities and benefits.
Keywords: Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles , Director, Ticket Operations, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!