Senior Acquisition Manager (Growth Marketing)
Company: Exploding Kittens, Inc.
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Exploding Kittens is a leading game and entertainment company with
a mission to inspire people to connect, laugh, and play fun games
in the physical world. After initially seeking to raise $10k
through Kickstarter, Exploding Kittens' campaign raised $8.7M in 30
days from 219,000 backers. To date, Exploding Kittens is the #1
most-backed project in Kickstarter history and the company has sold
over 15 million games.
Started by former Xbox game designer Elan Lee and The Oatmeal's
founder Matt Inman, Exploding Kittens and its family of games
recreate game night for a humorous and fun person-to-person
experience. Today, there are seven games available for purchase:
Exploding Kittens, Bears vs Babies, You've Got Crabs, Throw Throw
Burrito, Throw Throw Burrito: Extreme, On a Scale of One to T-Rex,
and Poetry for Neanderthals, as well as an Exploding Kittens mobile
app that is one of the top 30 premium games on both iOS and
The Team The Exploding Kittens Marketing team is looking for an
experienced Senior Acquisition Manager (Growth Marketing) who can
lead all aspects of performance marketing for EK's eCommerce/DTC
site. As a member of our high-performing and fun team, you'll drive
sales through new customer acquisitions---identifying growth
opportunities throughout the consumer lifecycle. This role reports
directly to the VP of Marketing.
How You'll Contribute:
- Lead paid social, search, and affiliate strategies and
execution: define objectives and benchmarks; forecast and allocate
spend; manage media planning, execution, measurement, and
optimization across all channels including Google, Facebook,
- Define KPIs, construct a performance analysis and present to
key stakeholders on a weekly, monthly, and yearly basis; lead all
paid marketing efforts and collaborate with DTC team to meet and
exceed our e-commerce business objectives.
- Develop and implement data-driven creative testing procedures
in collaboration with the Art/Creative team; test and identify
effective messaging; provide meaningful findings/results for top
performing creatives to continuously scale and optimize channel
- Implement a growth strategy and playbook for achieving our
ROAS, CVR, LTV, and CAC targets.
What You'll Bring:
- Superior leadership, analytical, strategic, critical thinking
skills and impeccable attention to detail. Expert performance
marketer with a deep and holistic understanding of the marketing
funnel and eCommerce for growth stage brands.
- Expert knowledge of Shopify, Google Analytics, and digital
social media networks: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok,
Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.
- The ability to build and monitor campaigns and ads across
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills. An
enthusiastic can-do attitude who can influence, inspire and
motivate teams, partners, and agencies.
- A self-starter who thrives in a diverse, dynamic,
entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and agile culture-someone who can
build from the ground-up and lead through change and ambiguity.
What We Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Statistics,
Management or related fields.MBA Preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in Performance Marketing, User
Acquisition at an e-commerce brand/company. Startup experience is
- Budget and campaign management, and measurement, with a proven
track record of driving revenue growth and scaling performance
across social and search.
- A strategist and growth hacker who can do the following: 1)
effectively utilize media tools within advertising
channels/platforms; 2) build reports, models, and analyze data; 3)
and implement A/B testing and experimentation processes that are
both accurate and rapid.
- Strong written and verbal communication, project management,
organizational, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
- Experience managing agency partners and working in
- Ability to clearly convey market dynamics, strategies, tactics,
rationale, and results, to peers, agency, and executive
- Highly proficient at Excel, Powerpoint, G-suite, Tableau, and
- A passion for games and a sense of humor
What We Offer:
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and
- Flexible spending account options (medical, dependent care,
- 401k with company matching
- Flexible paid vacation
- Monthly wellness benefit + complimentary wellness
- Complimentary lunches on Fridays (where we play games
- Based in Los Angeles (West Hollywood)
Keywords: Exploding Kittens, Inc., Los Angeles , Senior Acquisition Manager (Growth Marketing), Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!