Manager Sales Engineering
Company: Beyond Identity
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Manager Sales Engineering
Our mission is to eliminate passwords in every application.
Passwords are an antiquated technique for establishing a person's
identity with a digital service. 80%+ of cyber incidents involve
the misuse or mishandling of passwords, it is time for passwords to
be replaced by strong security techniques that are usable by an
audience that is not technical. Beyond Identity was started by Jim
Clark (Netscape) and Tom Jermoluk Networks), who through companies
they founded helped catalyze the modern Internet. The existing
team's background is both impressive and diverse, which includes
backgrounds in national security, Cloud delivered Security SaaS,
high performance computing, large scale distributed systems as well
as consumer and enterprise SaaS offering.
As a Beyond Identity Manager Sales Engineering, you will lead and
grow our Sales Engineering organization and be responsible for
helping clients adopt Zero Trust framework, Passwordless
Authentication and Risk based access approach by presenting the
Beyond Identity platform to prospective customers. You will align
closely with VP Sales, product management, Solution Architecture
and Engineering to help close deals and execute strategic solutions
for customers and partners. We are looking for a seasoned pre-sales
leader with a proven track record growing a sales engineering
organization. This role reports to the CRO. The team consists of 7
SEs in North America and Europe today. It will grow to 20+ in two
years. We are seeking a person to lead that growth.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop the sales engineering team.
- Refine and scale the core sales engineering processes such as
discovery, technical qualification and proof-of-concept.
- Partner with the Sales team and understand customer's business
and technical requirements, and specific use cases.
- Prepare and deliver a demo of the service and ease of
integration in the customer's environment.
- Communicate customer needs and product enhancements to Product
Management & Engineering.
- Provide advice and support response to requests for proposals
(RFPs), i.e. present recommendations and associated benefits to
- Collaborate with a variety of internal functional areas to
ensure solutions are implemented and supported in-line with client
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field or
- 10+ years of experience in sales engineering in Cyber Security
SaaS offering with at least 3 years managing and directing a sales
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience selling to the
- Knowledge of/Desire to become expert with at least one standard
Authentication and provisioning protocol (e.g. OIDC, OAuth, SAML,
- Knowledge of enterprise network security technologies including
but not limited to: HTTP and web security technologies, proxies,
firewalls, SSL/TLS, Endpoint Protection, Gateway and SaaS, MDM,
DLP, and SIEM.
- Knowledge of Okta, ForgeRock, Auth0, or PingFederate, Workforce
IAM or Customer Identity and Access Management solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work at different
levels within the enterprise.
- Ability to travel 25-50% of time.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Beyond Identity, Los Angeles , Manager Sales Engineering, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!