Development and Diversity Program Manager
Company: Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP respects your privacy and is
committed to collecting, maintaining, and using personal
information about you responsibly. Click here for our Privacy
Policy . Development and Diversity Program Manager Job Description
Company Name: Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP Title of Position:
Development and Diversity Program Manager Position
Type:--Full-Time, Exempt Who We Are: Munger Tolles has been
consistently ranked on The American Lawyer's A-List since its
inception in 2004, including six years in the top spot. we strive
to hire only the most qualified and creative lawyers. We believe
that clerkships provide valuable experience. In this regard, about
80 percent of our attorneys served as law clerks to federal or
state judges. Seventeen attorneys were clerks to U.S. Supreme Court
Justices. Job Summary: The Development and Diversity Program
Manager works closely with the Senior Director of Development and
Diversity and various committees to coordinate and implement the
firm's attorney development and diversity objectives and programs.
Under the guidance of the Senior Director of Development and
Diversity, the Development and Diversity Program Manager works
independently to manage critical attorney development and retention
programs and is a trusted resource for associates, partners and
firm management.-- Job Functions: Program Management
- Leads and participates in firm-wide projects and initiatives,
with a focus on attorney training and development and diversity and
- In conjunction with leadership and Development and Retention
Committee, develops, maintains and facilitates attorney learning
and development programs.
- In conjunction with leadership and Associate Review Committee,
helps to facilitate associate review process to ensure the delivery
of useful and meaningful performance evaluations.
- In conjunction with leadership and Diversity Committee, helps
to facilitate diversity initiatives, including, but not limited to:
Oversees the firm's 1L Diversity program including facilitating
recruiting, the IL summer program, coordination of client/pro bono
opportunities and on-going relationship management with IL
- Works closely with the Fellows Program Chairs and Committee to
oversee the MTO Fellows Program and provides coaching to Fellows
program participants and works with them to ensure continued
participation and success in the program.
- Project manages and/or supports special diversity-related and
- Performs other duties as assigned. Advisory and Consultation
- Meets individually with associates regularly to become a
trusted advisor on their career development and goals.
- Provides associates with support and coaching on career-related
matters, including creating individual development plans and
facilitating off-boarding activities.
- Works closely with various department leaders and committees to
develop and implement strategies for recruiting and retention of
- Collaborates with Legal Recruiting to support diversity-related
law school outreach and new associate programs.
- Partners with appropriate committees and partners to meet
staffing demands. Data and Information Management
- Works with appropriate parties to ensure development and
diversity information and statistics are maintained and readily
- Oversees the completion of various client requests for
development and diversity information as well as the completion of
certain industry surveys.
- Analyzes development and diversity information and makes
recommendations for strategies and programs to address gaps.--
- Analyzes work assignment data to ensure equitable access to and
distribution of client opportunities.
- Researches and makes recommendations on technology tools to
assist with associate work allocation and utilization, performance
reviews, and development initiatives.--
- Prepares regular and ad hoc reports as assigned. TOOLS
- Microsoft Office
- Various recruiting, HRIS, and tracking programs.
-- MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience as a diversity and/or development
professional preferred; law firm experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively
with a diverse group of internal and external clients, attorneys,
- Ability to learn and embrace new skills and best practices as
the position evolves and Firm needs change.
- Must have ability to work with minimal supervision on many
projects and initiatives.
- Ability to effectively communicate with attorneys, all levels
of business services and contacts outside the Firm both verbally
and in writing.
- Ability to use independent judgment, problem solve, take
initiative and follow through.
- Ability to use HRIS, timekeeper systems and other talent
systems to retrieve data.
- Expert ability to build strong relationships and operate as a
trusted advisor to individuals at all levels of the
- Strong data and analytics knowledge and ability to review
metrics, measure value and take appropriate action to move forward
- Ability to be available, as needed, to work extended hours,
nights, weekends.-- PHYSICAL DEMANDS Writing, typing, reading,
speaking, hearing, seeing, sitting, bending, reaching, lifting up
to 25 lbs WORKING CONDITIONS Quiet office environment in a
high-rise building, seated the majority of the time - Varity of
provided and voluntary benefits like life insurance, long-term care
insurance and critical illness insurance - Employee Assistance
Program - Back-up Child Care Benefit - Paid Holidays - Frequent
celebrations, events and gatherings - Health and Wellness classes -
Competitive compensation programs - Generous leaves of absence
policy For information on Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP, and other job
opportunities, please visit our website at www.mto.com MTO is an
equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment
on the basis of race, including but not limited to hair texture and
protective hairstyles (for example, braids, locks, and twists),
color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, marital or domestic
partner status, parental or family care status, national origin,
ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition,
genetic characteristic, political affiliation, military or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or
local law. It is the policy of Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP to
prohibit discrimination, unlawful harassment (including sexual
harassment), and retaliation. This commitment prohibits such
conduct by any individual involved in MTO's operations and by
anyone doing business with or on behalf of Munger, Tolles & Olson
LLP. Posted 4 Days Ago Full time REQ00151 About Us Munger, Tolles &
Olson is one of the nation's premier law firms. From Hollywood to
Wall Street, our lawyers are tackling the most high-profile cases
across a range of industries, and shaping the corporate landscape.
Our attorneys and clients recognize that talented, experienced
business professionals are an integral part of any successful legal
team. Munger, Tolles & Olson has--200 attorneys and approximately
250 additional employees in business professional positions. Our
firm provides an exciting and collaborative work environment as
well as a competitive salary and benefits package to all eligible
employees. Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP is an equal opportunity
employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
ethnicity, religion, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity
and expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical
conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding,
marital or domestic partner status, family care status, national
origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability or medical
condition, genetic characteristic, political affiliation, veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or
local law. Pursuant to local ordinances, we will consider for
employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP respects your privacy and is committed
to collecting, maintaining, and using personal information about
Keywords: Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP, Los Angeles , Development and Diversity Program Manager, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!