Sales Account Manager - (West Coast Desired)
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Approachable, optimistic, organized, and self-driven, then keep
reading. If you're looking for a growing organization with a fast
paced environment where you can make a difference in how our
customers serve their communities, check out Cartegraph's Sales
Who We Are
Optimize Your Buildings and Infrastructure with Cartegraph.
Cities and Counties. Colleges and Universities. Parks, Utilities,
Commercial Campuses, and More.
Cartegraph builds safer, more resilient, and more sustainable
communities through better stewardship of buildings and
infrastructure. We design, build, and sell powerful, intuitive
software solutions that help local governments, utilities,
universities, and commercial campuses manage their physical assets
and associated operations. With Cartegraph, users optimize the
performance of their assets, drive efficiencies, maximize
resources, and reduce costs through smarter, data-driven
As a Sales Account Manager, you will own the relationship with key
Cartegraph accounts. You will assist customers in the growth and
expansion of their use of Cartegraph software through continuous
selling and expansion into new departments. You will conduct
discovery sessions directly with existing clients to gather
business and technology requirements, present solutions onsite
and/or via WebEx.
Responsibilities include identifying and prospecting for customer
expansion opportunities, building positive customer relationships
and contributing to long-term customer satisfaction, and
consistently meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual
sales targets and territory objectives.
THE WORK YOU WILL DO
- Conduct discovery sessions directly with existing customers to
gather technology and business requirements.
- Develop and execute existing customer requirements and
strategic business needs and objectives including qualifying
decision makers, budget and implementation time frames.
- Inspire regional sales team to visualize success and work
collaboratively toward targets set by management.
- Facilitate a safe work environment for creative thinking and
collaboration resulting in more team wins!
- Develop and maintains consistent and accurate pipeline
- Develop and implements sales strategies, secure business growth
opportunities and establish a superior solution image.
- Demonstrate the Cartegraph software solution to prospective
clients in person or via web.
- Manage the strategic relationship with clients & key
- Provide technical and solutions support (in collaboration with
Technical Team), which includes the full spectrum of the pre-sales
- Conduct ongoing marketing research to identify prospects and
target markets; takes market research to next level by creating a
knowledge database used in sales.
- Continuously update and maintain CRM database.
- Manage all corporate expenditures related to business travel,
networking and other business needs within parameters set by
- Protect organization's value by keeping information
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
What You Bring To The Table
Education and Experience
- Four-year degree and 5 years of sales experience OR a high
school diploma/equivalent and at least 7 years of previous sales
- Preferred experience is proven, successful software sales
experience with a solutions-oriented approach, ideally in the
technical or public works/municipal government marketplace.
- Thorough understanding of the government purchasing process is
- Proven track record in all aspects of sales territory planning,
client prospecting, deal management, sales closing, and contract
- At least 2 years of successful previous experience working
- Valid driver's license with proof of insurance required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with automated office tools including
Salesforce, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, as well as web meeting
Skills and Attributions
- Possess a passion for changing the way our clients do
- Verifiable, above-target achievement over time.
- Energy, impeccable integrity and personable demeanor.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex business needs
and propose corresponding technology-based solutions.
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to
progressively probe, analyze, identify root causes of problems,
provide practical solutions, and negotiate resolutions.
- Ability to make independent business decisions considering both
the impact to client satisfaction and overall financial
ramifications for the Company.
- Ability to inspire confidence and work collaboratively with
customers, management and peers.
- Experience with managing and closing single-seat deals through
- Ability to identify and develop strategic relationships.
- Strong work ethic with outstanding time management skills.
- Proficiency with presenting and demonstrating technology
solutions to groups and individuals at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to act as a trade show/sales seminar leader.
Ability to travel 50% or more of the time.
We tried to narrow down to just 5 reasons to work here, but it was
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an
established industry leader
- Options to grow your career with Cartegraph's Career Pathing
- Collaborative work environment
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and benefits
- 15 days of PTO in just your first year (whoa)
- Paid parental leave
- One week sabbatical every five years
- Paid holidays (plus a couple extra days)
- 401k plan with generous employer match
- Social events, coffee and snacks, foosball and more...
Learn more about working at Cartegraph and our Midwest-Nice
Cartegraph's Culture Video
In our efforts to recruit those who will elevate our success and
ensure a proper career fit, we have a multi-faceted application
process, As a part of our process, we invite you to complete the
Culture Index Survey. The survey contains two questions and should
take no more than 10-15 minutes. If you have questions, please
Cartegraph is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity
and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
employees and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. If you
are unable to complete our online employment application or require
an accommodation to do so, please call for assistance.
Keywords: Cartegraph, Los Angeles , Sales Account Manager - (West Coast Desired), Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!