Senior Business Manager
Company: Aerospace Corporation
Location: El Segundo
Posted on: February 24, 2021
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a
generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally
funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed
exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span
every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our
team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you
personally.We are seeking a Senior Business Manager to become a
member of the Corporate Business Management Team. The successful
candidate will manage financial, operational and strategic business
functions for the Corporate Functions organizations at Aerospace.
Responsibilities will include formulation and management of annual
budgets, financial and operational analysis and presentation of
results, strategic partnership with leadership to efficiently
achieve organizational goals, and coordination with various service
organizations to ensure successful business operations. This
position will be a valued business partner to senior leadership,
providing financial planning, data review and analysis, status
reporting and project management support.Key Functions:
- An integral member of the organizations' management teams,
significantly contributing business-related decision making,
identification of process improvements, and leading process change
- Partners with organizational management to lead the annual
budget formulation, including allocation and prioritization of
resources and development of a tactical business strategy to attain
strategic organizational goals.
- Optimizes compliance with contracts and corporate policies and
- Develops financial forecasts and manages the overall budget for
- Provides monthly and ad-hoc financial and operational
analytical support to aid in strategic decision making.
- Recommends, implements, and reports on benchmarks for measuring
financial and operating performance.Monitors and communicates
trends interprets data analytics and assesses implications along
with developing actionable strategies.
- Identifies opportunities for future savings, cost efficiencies
and operational efficiencies within the organization.
- Establishes, coordinates, and facilitates communications
designed to enhance the exchange of information throughout the
- Provides leadership with regular business updates at staff
- Serves as primary liaison with service organizations.
- Serves on corporate or cross-organizational committees, task
forces, and study groups; provides guidance for, reviews and
ensures consistency of, administrative and operating practices
among sub-organizations and facilities; may present organization
viewpoint on administrative and operational issues to both internal
and external contacts.
- Provides ad hoc project management support on a variety of
financial and operational projects, including planning, scheduling,
tracking of deliverables, setting performance goals, and monitoring
- Perform special projects to include developing and improving
strategic processes within the Business Management Community and
with functional organizations.QualificationsRequired:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
Administration or related field.
- Typically twelve (12) or more years of progressively
responsible experience in accounting, finance management, or
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret clearance issued by the
U.S. Government, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Experience in cost tracking and budget ownership.
- Ability to anticipate need for, develop, and implement business
processes and reports to keep management informed of financial
- Exceptional analytical skills. Ability to independently create
and accurately analyze data.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in the use of MS Office
(Excel, Project, Word and PowerPoint).
- Experience in SAP, Business Warehouse, data analytics tools and
knowledge management andcollaboration tools. Ability to quickly
learn and utilize management systems and tools.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) to support
the preparation and presentation of briefings for internal
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skillsPreferred:
- Strong business partnering skills in both finance and
administrative business functions.
- Adaptable with a proven track record of building strong working
relationships within an organization.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with various
organizations, tying them all together with strategic a vision and
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with corporate service
organizations (e.g., Finance, IT, Facilities, Security, and
Corporate Communications) and effectively interface with all levels
of management and staff.
- Advanced business-related degree and/or professional
certification (CPA, CFA, MBA)
- Secret clearance issued by the U.S. Government. Ways We Reward
Our Employees During your interview process, our team will provide
all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career
development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance
your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of
whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)We are all unique, from
diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all
of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This
core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace
Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment The Aerospace Corporation
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe
that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique
ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued,
producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color,
religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national
origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical
condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other
characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an
individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs
assistance using our online job search and application tools or
need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application
process, please contact us by phone ator by email at . You can also
review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the
supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement . -
provided by Dice
Keywords: Aerospace Corporation, Los Angeles , Senior Business Manager, Executive , El Segundo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!