Company: Chow Now
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Are you constantly thinking about ways that your favorite
products could be improved? Do you love building inspiring,
customer-facing products for different types of users? Do you enjoy
collaborating with small teams to achieve big success? If you've
answered 'yes' to these questions, then read on. We might just have
the role for you. About Us: ChowNow is unique among tech startups
in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems
for independent restaurants across North America - via websites,
Google, Instagram, and through branded iOS and Android apps - and
we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order
volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair,
sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the
same goes for our workplace.-- Diversity, teamwork, and mutual
respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves
on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To
date we've created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners -
something that's never been done before in our category. And as we
expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow
difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will
only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the
kind of mission, that appeals to you, we'd love to talk.-- Learn
more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they're excellent).
Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a
time. About the Position: As a Product Manager at ChowNow, you will
define, build, launch, and iterate on a core component of one of
our products (either our online ordering or our marketplace
solution). You will be an integral part of evolving the product
vision as well as executing on the overall product strategy. As a
representative of the Product organization, you'll partner with
teams across the organization to identify new areas of opportunity
for us to explore. You will have a high level of responsibility and
influence over strategic company priorities. This is an exciting
opportunity to lead the development of new product work that will
directly impact our restaurants and diners. We're currently
processing over $1b in food sales annually with over 3 million
monthly active users across our entire product ecosystem, and we're
excited about where we're taking things from here especially in
terms of growing our diners on our marketplace solution. This
position reports to a Group Product Manager and can be located at
our Los Angeles Headquarters, our Kansas City satellite office, or
any remote location of your choosing within the four U.S. time
zones. Specifically you will:
- Rapidly test and build improvements to your product area with a
cross-functional product squad.
- Use learnings from the team's successes and failures to
constantly improve your product roadmap.
- Collaborate with our Sales, Client Success, Brand, Marketing,
Analytics, Product Design, Engineering, Operations, and other
internal teams to identify new opportunities to help our restaurant
clients and diners.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest e-commerce technology, trends in
the food space, and new ways to solve customer problems. Within 30
- Complete the ChowNow New Hire Ramp Camp.
- Learn ChowNow's sales process to understand how we position our
products and services to demonstrate value to local restaurant
owners and diners
- Learn ChowNow's client onboarding process to understand how
restaurants are set up on the platform and how we help increase
revenue for our clients.
- Become familiar with ChowNow's product development cycle by
releasing your first feature into production.
- Conduct customer interviews to empathize with our users and
identify product opportunities.
- Facilitate usability research to ensure that user flows and
interactions are simple and intuitive. Within 60 Days, you'll:
- Learn about the tech stack, database structure, and system
- Set key success metrics and establish a high-level product
roadmap based on your discovery of customer pain points and how we
can solve for them.
- Prioritize product backlog items for two full sprints of design
and development work.
- Become familiar with our analytics tools and recommend
improvements to our data strategy. Within 90 days, you'll:
- Work with stakeholders to test proof-of-concepts with clients
- Refine the product roadmap with scope and rough project
- Share the product roadmap with key stakeholders and articulate
the customer and business impact.
- Launch your first major addition to our suite of products.
Within 6 Months, you'll:
- Become known as an enthusiastic product leader and subject
matter expert, demonstrating your ability to seek out new ideas,
solve problems quickly, and collaborate with teams across
- Define and champion the long term vision of your product area.
Within 1 year, you'll:
- Take on additional responsibility after successfully launching
several new products and features. You should apply if:
- You're constantly curious about the latest consumer apps,
trends in digital experiences, and smartly scaling technology
- You have experience building B2B2C products.
- You have experience working with agile teams and are a subject
matter expert in teaching agile best practices to a team.
- You can naturally formulate hypotheses and analyze results to
hone in on the right decisions.
- You are excited to interact with customers to collect
- You are able to identify nuggets of opportunity from a sea of
- You're a fan of iterative development, working with
cross-functional teams to hypothesize, measure impact, and learn
from previous releases to iterate on future roadmap plans. About
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on
creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support
your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work
hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the
first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity,
- Consistent & fair leadership: we'll share info, set clear
goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap. As one of ChowNow's
core values, "Celebrates Diversity", we are committed to an
inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal
opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color,
ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally
Keywords: Chow Now, Los Angeles , Product Manager, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!