Director, Corporate Quality
Company: Viasat, Inc.
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're
on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the
world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite
internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the
digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe.
By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one
another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical
research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions
of customers worldwide. We're looking for passionate, innovative
professionals to join our team and connect the world to more.
You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that
values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides
industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career
growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and
uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly
global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our
mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today. Job
Responsibilities We're looking for passionate, innovative leaders
to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a
collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse
perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading
benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team
is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest
to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider.
Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career
opportunities at Viasat today. As a Quality Leader you will be
responsible for strategic and day to day corporate quality
operations and initiatives for our Government Systems Segment.
Successful candidates will be able to both think strategically and
will have a proven track record of being able to execute
efficiently. An innate ability to adapt quickly to changing needs
and marketing environments is also essential. The roles and
responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Leader of Government System Quality organization
- Ensure quality requirements and needs are achieved for products
and services spanning across tactical datalinks, cybersecurity,
information assurance, and government satellite
- Drive lean, process improvement throughout the business and
supporting functions as a first tier aerospace provider
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff to continually meet and exceed
- Plan and manage quality budgets and staffing needs to meet
business and financial targets
- Define opportunities for artificial intelligence and machine
learning to better drive quality in the business
- Develop and manage OKRs and relevant performance metrics to
gauge quality performance
- Set path for quality organizational improvements to meet
business objectives Requirements
- Ten years of management experience, directing resources,
managing projects, understanding of the dependencies of cost,
schedule, and quality.
- Ten years of experience in an engineering research and
development, fulfillment environment, driving optimization through
process optimization, including Lean, Six Sigma, and relevant
process improvement tools throughout the development and
fulfillment lifecycle for products and services. Good understanding
of key process indicators for quality.
- Five years of experience and solid understanding of service
- Five years of experience working in a global environment,
managing across time zones, cultures
- Track record of successfully growing individual and team
- Up to 10% travel.--
- Bachelor Degree is-- required .--
- Courage to stand alone - as the Quality leader, the candidate
must be the champion for the customer experience through quality of
products and services
- Be able to identify the most pivotal issues hindering business
- Can hold any stakeholder in the organization accountable
- Lead through influence across the organization to drive
improvements in products and services
- Collaborate closely with business leadership team to set
priorities, remove obstacles and find innovative solutions.
- Provide vision, guidance, and direction to Quality Team.
- Build cross functional teams, empowering business and
functional team members to push for performance excellence
- Government customer rapport and intimacy
- Strong understanding of government business dynamics
- Passion to achieve the level of quality needed for this
critical customer base
- Expertise to drive mission assurance for products and services
- Business Acumen
- Financial understanding of revenue recognition, COGS,
accounting practices, direct vs. indirect costs, overhead
applications and the real impact of Cost of Poor Quality
- Understand impact of tradeoffs and advocate for risk
identification and mitigation.
- Be able to triage, provide clarity, and focus on the key
- Drive key partnerships with customers and suppliers.
- Communication and Influence
- Ability to influence, using relevant data, analysis, and
- Need to demonstrate communication and presentation skills
necessary for different levels of organizational structure.
- Facilitation skills for managing large projects, customer
events or team meetings. Preferences
- Master of Science in a technical degree and/or Master of
Business Administration (MBA). To learn more about this site and
other office locations, please click-- here ! Viasat is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and
diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or
veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or
characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on
the basis of disability for completing this on-line application,
please click here .
Keywords: Viasat, Inc., Los Angeles , Director, Corporate Quality, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!