Director, Business Development
Company: Univision communications inc
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Univision Los Angeles Local Media Sales has embarked on an
aggressive and exciting mission to super serve our local
advertisers. Our goal is to be an integral resource to marketers
helping zero share prospects and brands build their business by
connecting them with Hispanic consumers. The Business Development
Director will be responsible for defining long-term organizational
strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identify
business opportunities, negotiate-close business deals and maintain
extensive knowledge of current Los Angeles market conditions. This
position will act as a "Business Development Director" for
Univision Communications (UCI) Local Media Los Angeles, fully
leveraging and transforming available resources to educate clients
about the Hispanic market and helping them come to market and
target the Hispanic consumer in Los Angeles. The role is to
identify and cultivate qualified new business clients, work with
the sales team, marketing staff, research, and other managers to
increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for Local
Media-Los Angeles.-- Job Responsibilities
- UCI Local Media Los Angeles Television, Radio, Digital, Social
Media and marketing platforms.
- Strong emphasis and accountability to flagship station KMEX
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the
client organization, research and build relationships.
- Plan approaches and pitches; work with team to develop
proposals that speaks to the client's needs, concerns, and
objectives as it relates to the Hispanic market.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on
business trends category research and Hispanic consumer potential
as it may relate.
- Work with Research team to create, train and implement
consistent ROI and 'size of the prize' opportunity assessment for
- Help in creation of compelling business case to use across
categories/clients that are not currently active.
- In-depth knowledge of client's business and competitive
- Sale and implementation of creative and promotional concepts
that will activate client in Hispanic space. Required Skills &
- Bachelor's in Business Administration or related field
- 5-7 years of sales experience in the Marketing/Media industry.
Preferred 2 or more years' experience in a management role.
- Extensive sales experience and relationships working directly
with high level decision makers such as CMO's, SVP's and VP's of
Marketing, Brand Managers.
- Sales experience working with advertising agencies/media buying
services and process involved in bringing clients to market across
- Experience/comfort with consumer research.
- Comfortable in working horizontally across different
categories, clients, internal teams.
- Proficiency in Power Point and Excel required Desired Skills &
- Must bring unique strengths in the areas of strategic thinking,
analytical capability coupled with business strategy.
- Strong thinker who can transform copious data into
- Must bring exceptional collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Interest and passion in training others and building knowledge
across the organization.
- Well organized, disciplined and detail oriented. Eligibility
- Must be willing to work from office in Los Angeles, CA
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States on a full-time basis Univision is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Posted 2 Days Ago Full time
R008120 About Us About Univision Communications Inc. As the leading
Hispanic media company in the U.S., Univision Communications Inc.
entertains, informs and empowers U.S.--Hispanics with news, sports
and entertainment content across broadcast and cable television,
audio and digital platforms. The company's top-rated media
portfolio includes the Univision and UniM--s broadcast networks, as
well as 10 cable networks including--Galavisi--n--and TUDN, the No.
1 Spanish-language sports network in the country. Locally,
Univision owns or operates 61 television stations in major Hispanic
markets across the United States. Additionally,--Uforia, the Home
of Latin--Music, encompasses 58--owned or operated radio stations,
a live event series and a robust digital audio footprint. The
company's prominent digital assets include-- Univision.com ,
streaming service Univision Now, the largest Hispanic influencer
network and several top-rated apps. For more information, visit--
corporate.univision.com . About TUDN TUDN is the multimedia sports
division of Univision Communications Inc., the leading Hispanic
media company in the U.S. Built around the flagship TUDN cable
network, the nation's No. 1 Spanish-language sports channel, TUDN
reaches audiences across Univision's television portfolio, as well
as through the TUDN Radio Network, the TUDN mobile app and
TUDN.com. TUDN possesses an industry-leading portfolio of live
soccer rights through partnerships with 14 Liga MX clubs, the
Mexican Football Federation, US Soccer, UEFA, Concacaf, Major
League Soccer and many more. About Univision News Univision's
award-winning News division is committed to informing the country's
fastest growing segment across all media platforms, including TV,
Radio, and Interactive. Hispanics count on the latest and most
relevant content that impacts the community through: "Noticiero
Univision," the Network's evening, late evening and weekend
national newscast; Sunday public affairs program "Al Punto" (To The
Point); newsmagazine shows "Aqu-- y Ahora" (Here and Now) and
"Primer Impacto" (First Impact); as well as morning news segments
on "Despierta Am--rica" (Wake Up America). Univision has
strengthened its news team and expanded its news operations by
adding Investigative and Documentary Units.
Keywords: Univision communications inc, Los Angeles , Director, Business Development, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!