Labor Relations Director
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Aramark Labor Relations Director in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -
Careers at US PA 2400 MARKET ST-PHILADELPHIA Skip Branding Aramark
Labor Relations Director in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Careers at
US PA 2400 MARKET ST-PHILADELPHIA Skip to Main Content Please
Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! Labor Relations Director Location
US-PA-Philadelphia Posted Date 1 week ago (12/14/2020 5:09 PM) ID
313505 Category Human Resources Employment Type Fulltime-Regular
Overview Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world's leading
educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion
sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations
and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19
countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver
innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management
and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a
better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet,
including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy
consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively
and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is
recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign
(LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality
Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook
and Twitter. Description The--Labor Relations Director is
responsible for all labor relations matters and related employee
relations matters in his or her designated area. This role will be
the chief spokesperson in labor negotiations and will have primary
responsibility for labor contract administration. This includes
planning for, negotiating and implementing collective bargaining
agreement renewals. The Labor Relations Director will proactively
interact with and advise operations managers, HR partners and
regional leadership on a broad range of employment and labor
relations matters, including disciplinary actions, contract
administration and general methods of positive employee relations.
Responsibilities include coordinating the Company's labor relations
practices within its labor relations policies and strategies.This
role will represent the Company in arbitrations and before the
National Labor Relations Board. The Labor Relations Director will
respond to union organizing activity and train managers on employee
relations matters. This position reports to the Vice President of
Labor Relations for Aramark's food and facilities lines of business
in the United States. This position offers the flexibility to work
from home, however, significant travel is required to allow
in-person participation in trainings, organizing activities,
negotiations, arbitrations, proceedings, etc.Responsibilities and
- Prepares and negotiates initial and renewal labor agreements in
accordance with line of business and corporate mandates.
- Develops cost models for use during economic negotiations.
- Coordinates with operations managers, HR partners and regional
leadership to obtain alignment on negotiations strategy and
- Drafts contract proposals and counterproposals prior to and
- Finalizes settlements and prepares contract documents for final
signature by the parties.
- Prepares and distributes contract settlement summaries to
operations managers, HR partners and regional leadership.
- Creates presentations and conducts training to inform
operations managers, HR partners and regional leadership regarding
labor relations issues.
- Manages arbitrations, grievances and unfair labor practice
charges including drafting, opening and closing briefs.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of Company-wide
standardized practices, processes and forms.
- Provides consultation regarding multi-employer benefit and
- Conducts management training related to Positive Employee
Relations (PER) and other timely topics.
- Collaborates to ensure legal compliance by reviewing federal,
state, and local regulatory requirements and disseminating,
explaining, and consulting regarding those requirements.
- Manages union contracts and is responsible for developing and
maintaining relationships with union leadership and agents.
- Prepares for and assists operations managers and regional
leadership in dealing with potential labor disputes, strikes, work
stoppages and other concerted activity, including advising on
appropriate courses of action involving satisfactory resolution of
disputes, security issues, employee concerns and media/public
- Provides insights on labor relations trends and patterns and
translates them into proactive proposals.
- Collaborates with other departments including HR, Operations,
Finance, Total Rewards, Global Security, Corporate Communications,
Legal and Compliance.
- Works with external vendors to develop and deliver proposed
labor relations related services on-time and within budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested. Qualifications
Experience and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 7 years of labor relations or similar experience in
a multi-contract, multi-union, complex environment.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of study is
- An Advanced Degree, such as an MBA, JD or Master's in
Industrial Relations is preferred.Travel Requirements
- Must be willing and able to travel more than 50% of the
- Travel requirements are currently less than 50% due to the
global pandemic, but are expected to reach those levels again
during the course of calendar year 2021.--Knowledge, Skills and
- Demonstrated ability in labor negotiations and experience as
first chair negotiator.
- Working knowledge and interpretation of the National Labor
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities between multiple
- Thorough knowledge of employment principles, practices and
- Demonstrated leadership, change management, and success in
planning, leading and driving change in a large organization while
meeting or exceeding business objectives.
- Demonstrated business savvy to effectively communicate and work
with other executives and leaders in support of achieving business
- Deep understanding of the financial aspects of labor relations,
including wage and benefits costs.
- Intermediate level or better proficiency in Microsoft Word,
Excel and PowerPoint. Apply Apply for this job online Apply Share
Refer this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not
working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try
again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Connect With Us! Not
ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Interested in this opportunity?
ARAMARK is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair
Chance ordinance. Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Aramark, Los Angeles , Labor Relations Director, Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!