Diligence & Integration Manager
Location: El Segundo
Posted on: October 19, 2020
General Position Summary:The Corporate Development Diligence and
Integration Manager is part of a key team of professionals that
leads Optum's acquisition diligence and integration efforts in
Southern California. This individual must be highly motivated,
organized, process-oriented, self-directed and be able to be
self-managed and independent. This role manages Optum's due
diligence efforts during the acquisition process for medical
practices, as well as integration planning, requiring intense
project management of multiple transactions simultaneously.-- This
individual will be responsible for coordinating the interaction and
involvement of our national business stakeholders and diligence
leads (e.g., operations, finance, accounting, IT, HR), and our
market leadership teams. This individual has a successful track
record of managing the implementation of major strategic
initiatives and a solid understanding of healthcare business
needs.-- This position will oversee the efforts of PMs and
Coordinators on the Corporate Development team. This position
handles and manages confidential material relating to corporate
decisions, structure and significance.Essential Functions:
- Lead the day-to-day project management of multiple physician
practice acquisitions simultaneously across the Los Angeles
- Manage the entire diligence and integration process, engaging
internal and external stakeholders and local and national teams on
a regular basis to resolve outstanding items necessary for a smooth
transition keeping with acquisition timeline.
- Independently communicate with Sellers and Key Stakeholders,
including executive leadership, on behalf of the business needs and
transaction team throughout the acquisition process.
- Facilitate clear and action-oriented communication between team
members, internal/external stakeholders.
- Set project related deadlines, assigns responsibilities,
monitors and tracks status of all key diligence and integration
activities and provide reporting to transaction leads and market
- Rely on extensive experience to plan and accomplish goals by
working closely with operations and departmental leadership to
complete the acquisition process.
- Continuously review acquisition and integration processes,
recommending areas for improvement and efficiency gains.
- Serve as a primary contact to the seller and disseminate
information to the cross-functional diligence and integration
- Manage the Virtual Data Room utilized in the diligence
- Act as liaison, problem solver, and facilitator for all aspects
- Lead vital ad-hoc projects related to corporate
- Develop and improve the performance of yourself and those you
- Supervision and oversight of project coordinators and other
diligence and integration support staff as necessary.
- Ability to travel throughout the Los Angeles area for deal
kick-off, diligence and integration meetings.Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 7 years project management, medical
group operations, consulting, or related experience.-- Experience
with Mergers & Acquisitions and business integration is
- Exhibit executive presence and possess strong organizational
- Familiar with healthcare concepts and practices as it relates
to providers and healthcare clinics.
- Familiar with legal processes and contracts.
- Experience working in a large, complex corporate environment
with multiple internal stakeholders.
- Highly competent communicator adept at synthesizing complex
ideas and providing concise, executive level summaries that
accurately reflect analyses.
- Able to negotiate diplomatically and effectively in various
business environments to manage expectations related to
projects.Education:Bachelor's Degree in Health Administration,
Business Administration, or related field.-- MBA or Master's degree
preferred.-- Certification in Project Management is a plus.
Keywords: Optum, Los Angeles , Diligence & Integration Manager, Executive , El Segundo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!