Assistant Property Manager (Commercial Portfolio)
Company: CIM Group, LP
Location: Los Angeles
Posted on: March 28, 2020
CIM Group is looking for an Assistant Property Manager to join
our team in LA. This is a brand new role that is due to growth!
Position supports effective administration of policies and
procedures that promote well-managed, well-maintained buildings and
grounds at Company-owned commercial office properties to achieve
maximum return on investment-grade, commercial real estate
- Oversee and/or assist in the day-to-day operational management
of buildings and grounds consistent with CIM policies & procedures,
approved budgets, business plans and management direction.
- Support or manage tenant-focused relationship programs and
processes that meet or exceed building occupant expectations.
Consistent with expense parameters, anticipate tenant needs, assure
positive and prompt response to service request and administer
affairs at strategic and operating level for the mutual benefit of
the tenants and the property NOI.
- Negotiate service agreements, select contractors and suppliers,
provide quality-control oversight, implement cost containment
initiatives, measure compliance to contractual standards and
provide liaison as needed between tenants and third-party service
- Gather, analyze and report statistical and financial data
required to provide accurate assessments of property performance
and support decision-making. Accurately record and format financial
information for use by senior management and provide liaison as
well as for personal decision-making.
- Assist with administration of tenant leases in compliance with
lease provisions including the determination of escalation
- Collect rents and other receivables, invoicing tenants and
required and pursuing collections as necessary.
- Manage payables, consistent with approved budgets,
contractor/supplier performance, corporate accounting directives
and expense containment initiatives.
- Report transactions using corporate accounting systems and
methods in accordance with policies, procedures and timelines.
Maintain appropriate documentation for management and other
- Obtain certificates of insurance or waivers from contractors,
suppliers and other third parties, assure adherence to safety
requirements pertinent to property visitors, tenants and
- Oversee employee participation in company workplace IIPP and
assure adherence to accident avoidance initiatives.
- Provide post-accident follow-up, including reporting,
investigation and liaison for insurance, legal and incident
prevention purposes.NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in the creation of property business plans and
annual operating budgets.
- Function as liaison between property (ies) and other CIM areas
such as asset management, leasing, etc. These activities may
include, assuring space is in show-ready condition, participation
in due-diligence activities and gathering/analysis of financial and
statistical data needed for decision-making.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES (if any):
- May be responsible for oversight of administrative support
employee(s) and engineers. Responsibilities would include training,
directing and assignment of work, assuring compliance with company
policies and procedures and management directives, providing
performance feedback and input into compensation, promotion and
other personnel related transactionsEDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
REQUIREMENTS: (including certification, licenses, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with
a focus on course work related to business.
- A minimum of one year of successful, professional property
management experience in a commercial office environment.
- Solid practitioner's knowledge and demonstrated skills in the
following job-related disciplines; contract, leasing
administration, leasing knowledge from a financial, legal and
performance perspective, expense escalation practices, accounting
and financial reporting, financial management reporting, financial
analysis, budgeting and expense management, business planning, risk
management, tax assessments, tenant relations, construction and
tenant finish activities, engineering and preventative maintenance,
energy management, security, emergency procedures, garage and/or
- Communicate verbally with tenants, staff members, vendors,
contractors, government officials, management and senior management
- Demonstrate appropriate client-service orientation in
responding to tenant and management requests. Exhibit
follow-through in managing tenant issues and administering
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with
subordinates, peers, customers and management.
- Possess valid, state-issued driver's license.
- Maintain current, up-to-date knowledge on the status of
commercial real-estate markets.
- Demonstrated competency in PC based computer business software
including Microsoft Office, accounts payable software such as Nexus
Payables and Yardi or similar property management software.CIM does
not accept unsolicited resumes from Agencies. Any unsolicited
resumes received from Agencies will be considered property of CIM
and no fees will be due or paid. If you wish to become an approved
Agency with CIM or any of its Affiliates, please contact a member
of the CIM Talent Acquisition Team.
Keywords: CIM Group, LP, Los Angeles , Assistant Property Manager (Commercial Portfolio), Executive , Los Angeles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!