Observational Research Manager
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Amgen has an opportunity for a Observational Research Manager
(Epidemiology) to focus on research activities in the Oncology
therapeutic area (TA). Reporting to a Hematology Oncology Director,
this role will be located on the Amgen corporate campus in Thousand
Oaks, CA.Observational Research (OR) makes important contributions
to drug development, commercialization and safety evaluation.
Observational Research contributes evidence regarding the frequency
and distribution of disease, the natural history and clinical
burden of disease, the design of clinical trials, cost and
utilization patterns and the safety and effectiveness of therapies.
There is increasing demand for information from OR studies by
regulatory and reimbursement authorities. Amgen's Center for
Observational Research (CfOR) was created to address this
imperative.A CfOR Manager is recognized as a strong scientific
contributor and is a first or contributing author for papers in
peer reviewed journals or for internal reports that enhance the
company's mission. Key activities include:
- Contributing to research strategies within product and
observational research TA teams.
- Executing and managing descriptive epidemiological studies to
characterize the incidence/prevalence of disease in US, EU, Asia
and emerging market countries.
- Executing and managing research projects involving the analysis
of multiple types of data including medical claims, EMR and
prospective observational cohort studies.
- Conducting pharmacovigilance studies.
- Providing safety research support across the life cycle of
- Supporting development of risk management plans.
- Conducting literature reviews and preparing research reports
and scientific manuscripts.
- Keeping up to date on the latest developments in observational
research and drug development.
- Promoting awareness, understanding, and use of observational
- Supporting relationships with key leaders in observational
research and providing input at meetings.
- Communicating significant scientific information to a variety
of audiences.Basic Qualifications:Doctorate degreeORMaster's degree
and 3 years of research and scientific experienceORBachelor's
Degree and 5 years of research and scientific
experienceORAssociate's degree and 10 years of research and
scientific experienceORHigh school diploma / GED & 12 years of
research and scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Doctorate in Epidemiology or other subject with high
observational research content.
- Experience in the design, execution and analysis of
observational research studies within Pharmaceutical and/or Public
- Experience in research to support drug development.
- Experience in observational research project planning and
- Experience presenting observational research information.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Record of publications in observational research or clinical
journals.Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make
a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at
the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the
field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer,
discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our
medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against
cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious
illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of
life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive
environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished
people who respect each other but compete intensely to win.
Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science
to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will
consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, or disability
Keywords: Amgen, Los Angeles , Observational Research Manager, Executive , Thousand Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!