Senior Project Manager - CoMET
Location: Laguna Hills
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since
1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals
providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation,
water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive,
cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative
problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every
day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to
client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and
thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and
civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with
innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated,
award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their
objectives - from project inception through design and execution.
Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together,
Kleinfelder, a long-standing industry leader in southern
California, seeks a senior project manager experienced with
Construction Materials, Engineering, and Testing (CoMET) to join
our Los Angeles Area offices (Los Angeles, Ontario, Laguna Hills,
Riverside). Kleinfelder offers:
- Competitive Wages;
- Benefits, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance;
HSA & FSA; 401K; paid holidays; and paid time off (PTO);
- Certification, training, and professional development
- Employee referral bonuses;
- Career advancement opportunities with one of the largest and
most respected firms in the industry.
We're looking for a CoMET professional with proven client service
focus and technical leadership abilities to join us in meeting the
needs of our diverse client base on projects throughout southern
California and the surrounding area. The successful candidate will
be a detail-oriented individual with a background in construction
materials testing, special inspection, construction management,
and/or construction related engineering services. This role's
primary function is to ensure Kleinfelder exceeds client
expectations through frequent client communication and leading
Kleinfelder's service delivery team, planning and execution of
technical work, and monitoring and controlling project budgets to
deliver services while working to expand our client base. This role
offers a dynamic work environment, the opportunity to work on
multiple high-profile projects, and be part of an industry leading
Position responsibilities include:
- Lead project and service delivery teams.
- Supervise operational staff (field and laboratory
- Communicate with clients, staff, and supervisors to
successfully and profitably deliver construction services on a
- Coordinate work to assure projects/contracts are properly
managed thereby assuring budgets and schedules are met and work
product meets both client's needs and Kleinfelder's standards.
- Target and achieve results based goals, sets challenging goals,
prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability,
sets team standards and responsibilities, provides
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for staff.
- Sell Kleinfelder's services to new and existing clients aligned
with Kleinfelder's business plan.
Consideration for this position requires the following minimum
competencies or experience:
- 10 years of experience in materials testing, special
inspection, construction management, and/or other
construction-related engineering service.
- At least 5 years of project management experience, including
responsibility for direct client interaction, as well as the
ability to plan, organize, execute, and direct various size
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction
Management, or construction related field.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license is the State of
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, maintaining
composure and working effectively in a high-pressure environment
with changing priorities.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and
written communication skills.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record and ability
to pass drug test.
- Able to use a company provided laptop or tablet computer and a
working knowledge of MS Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook,
- A good work ethic, attention to detail, and high level of
- Authorization to work in the United States.
In addition to the above required competencies and experience,
hiring preference will be given to those candidates with the
following certifications or experience:
- Applicable construction inspection and testing experience and
certifications from the American Concrete Institute (ACI),
International Code Council (ICC), National Institute for
Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET); and/or the
American Welding Society (AWS).
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package
including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA
and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes
from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed
Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree
to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the
event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a
previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the
right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial
obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume,
including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the
property of Kleinfelder.
Keywords: Kleinfelder, Los Angeles , Senior Project Manager - CoMET, Executive , Laguna Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!